Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband Bill - 2months in advance

Options
  • 30-11-2006 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone got a surprise like me when I received my first BT Broadband bill ? BT charged me for 2 months in advance! I may be wrong but I wasn't aware of this practice prior to getting my bill. Has anyone seen this in their literature/ website ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dak wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone got a surprise like me when I received my first BT Broadband bill ? BT charged me for 2 months in advance! I may be wrong but I wasn't aware of this practice prior to getting my bill. Has anyone seen this in their literature/ website ?

AFAIK all of the isps charge a month in advance - so the first bill often comes as a surprise as it usually charges for a proportion of the month since you were connected and the month in advance.

However BT's Terms and Conditions state that broadband will be billed two months in advance.

Probably be better for the customer if they highlighted this a little more but they are within their rights to bill you the two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

dak wrote:
    Yes. It's in their BB FAQ on the website.
    What is the payment method?
    Billing is two-monthly and service can only be paid for by direct debit from a bank account or a credit card and will be billed two-monthly in advance. All Broadband & Total Talk customers will receive a paper bill. All other Broadband customers will receive an online bill – customers requiring a paper bill will not receive the online billing discount of €2.50 per month.
    http://home.btireland.ie/echannel/BTres.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=btres_page&homePage_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2Fhomepage%2FshowBBFaqPage#16

They all bill in advance afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

ya i did too, but it's common practice. Just seemed like there was more than 2 months on it the first time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Yeah I get that with eircom. I'll get like a €50 bill, then one for €160 later on.

I got a cheque for €50 back from them the other day, whatever that was for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

I got a surprise when they over charged me TWICE!!! Took me ages to get it sorted out. Apparently, I'll be credited on my next bill.... won't be holding my breath! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cancel the direct debit, credit yourself that way,

use billpay.ie to pay BT instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I have more respect for Enron, Monsanto and Parmalatt than I have for BT. BT Ireland seems to be some class of social psychology experiment designed to see how far you can push customers before they drive round to the BT's offices in Dublin 4 to fustigate its inept staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

I pay by creditcard, is the method of cancelation any different ?

Advertisement