Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT - correct colour lenses?

Options
  • 30-11-2006 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi,

A while ago some nice chaps decided to test the strength of the lights on the back of my golf with their boot:(

Anyways looking around for a set, a breakers yard gave me a pair of smoked ones for €60. I wasn't too pushed on what colour they were, i just wanted the cheapest.
    So i got a letter the other day for my NCT, I think its in good enough shape but i noticed on the leaflet that they sent out that listed "common fails" one of them was correct colour of lenses for lights? I tried looking up nct.ie to see what this meant but the checks on this were very vague. Does anyone know whether these lights will fail? Or does anyone have a website that lists out exactly what they will check?

cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As long as they appear the right colour* when lit you are fine.

* tail lights, brake lights & fogs: red
    indicators: amber
    reverse: white

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

AFAIK the light emitted from the lights should be white or yellow. All else being OK, I think they should pass. (Open to correction!).

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Ah cheers lads, they do come out the same colour. Thank god thats not another thing onto the list.
    Quick question, i have stone chip in one of my headlights (its tiny) do reckon this is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I had a mitsubishi mirage asti with heavily smoked rear lenses and it passed fine. They never even mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

homerjk wrote:
    i have stone chip in one of my headlights (its tiny) do reckon this is ok?
    It should be OK if it's not letting water in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

cheers everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

i have smoked side repeators and it passed the NCT.

Advertisement