Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams

Options
  • 30-11-2006 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if it is possible to request a change to the exams timetable?
    Or how would I go about doing it?
    I presume i would be ignored but its worth a shot.
    Got a really fcuked up timetable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I have one constituent (Is that what they're called?) who has four exams in one day. What's your problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

I have one constituent

Boards = To the Dogs...

Not aimed at you fspinner... just in general.

OP : Highly doubtful that you will get a change to your timetable. Unless you pay someone alot of money. There are 20k students sitting exams. Cant change em for one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

3 exams in one day, start at nine, finish at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

You go into admin and fill out a clash forum. They might be able to help, but you've left it late

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Pantsless wrote:
    Boards = To the Dogs...

Not aimed at you fspinner... just in general.

OP : Highly doubtful that you will get a change to your timetable. Unless you pay someone alot of money. There are 20k students sitting exams. Cant change em for one person.
    tbh, i know the guy in question in real life too, nothin to do with SU

• Advertisement

This didnt happen until yesterday. They changed the timetables because a class had a petition about some other exam. So the exams office decided to screw me over instead:mad:

Pantsless wrote:
    Boards = To the Dogs...
    I know that term makes me sound like a pompous, wanna-be, budding politician, but I can't think of the official word.

3 exams? In the words of one lecturer on the governing authority "Tough".

There isn't anything that you can do....what year are you in?

Im a final year. Which is why its so annoying.

That lecturers attitude sums up everything thats wrong about this college.

#15 wrote:
    That lecturers attitude sums up everything thats wrong about this college.
    In fairness to him, he took the time to explain to me why it was "tough". He felt sorry for us, but its inevitable under modularisation.

Can I ask what course you do? I know that various people have changed successfully, most of them in third year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

three exams in one day in your final year is a joke. your grade wont fairly reflect your abilities as a result of the exam schedule .

• Advertisement

Im a final year arts student.

Theres no way I will get the marks i deserve with 3 exams in one day. Its ok for someone to say 'tough' but then again he has got his degree and his job and hes ok. I am going for a First but this is only gonna make it harder than it has to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

If you're final year if you get a few others in the same boat you've got a good shot of changing - they're rational people and seeing as you've been done over because of another timetable clashing you've a good chance.

Redeye: As for the clash thing it's not too late at all - that's just steering people wrong and causing unnecessary panic. I have a friend who went into them at 4.30 the day before his exams that clashed that were both on at 9.30 and they sorted him out.

P.S. He was an idiot for leaving it that late I'll admit but they will sort you out even with a few days notice. I think it's normally only a matter of moving you to a special centre on campus. They have lots of them set up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

My timetable originally had 3 exams in one day. Our class reps went to complain and were told that having 3 exams in one day is a mistake. The timetable was then revamped completely.

Advertisement