Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seo pricing

Options
  • 30-11-2006 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I was wondering how seo'ers charge, and how much.

based on results? Time spent? Inlinks? keyword rankings?

any info appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Seohelp

Hi gamblingIRE,

Personally I feel it should come down to time. Results can never be guaranteed. The search engines control the results so this is just a risky route to go down.

Clients have to understand that getting results takes time and creating a inbound link campaign is great and you can charge for X number of links coming from sites/pages with PR of X. But the problem is knowing what anchor text to target. If your clients don't know what terms generate the best ROI or conversions then conducting an inbound link campaign is fairly pointless.

If a client is serious about developing their site and getting good results in the organic rankings then they should be prepared to conduct a PPC campaign for a certain lenght of time. Usually a couple of months can lead to a well-tailored AdWords campaign that can provide you with the keywords that are the ones that are most valuable to the clients business. With this information a SEO campaign can be developed with much more focus. The client shouldn't complain too much about running an AdWords campaign as they will be (should be) making money researching effective keywords.

At this stage you should be well prepared to quote your client for a SEO campaign. If they are happy with the PPC campaign then they will be much more understanding of the amount of time that it will take to get strong rankings and charging them by the hour would be the safest for you and them. Providing them with frequent reports on the keywords is vital to show what work you are doing and the rewards that you and them are reaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 IMarketed

Some sound excellent advice there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ive seen 2 charges

One is a set free for a monthly campaign of linkbuilding using various methods

Second is a Lower rate with an incremental bulk sum for guaranteed rankings For example.

€500 for top 500
    €1000 for top 250
    €5000 for top 50
    €20,000 for top 10
    €50,000 for No1 spot

There is a misconception about the word "guarantee" .. yes everything can be guaranteed.. but under normal circumstances just takes paitence and a bag load of money. People say u cant guarantee rankings.. i say bull****, throw 1 billion euros at it and its guaranteed.. Whether u want to pay that or not is another question.

Just to clarify the second is dependant on the actual keyword your hoping to rank for. Rates are not normally that rich .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Ive seen 2 charges

One is a set free for a monthly campaign of linkbuilding using various methods

Second is a Lower rate with an incremental bulk sum for guaranteed rankings For example.

€500 for top 500
    €1000 for top 250
    €5000 for top 50
    €20,000 for top 10
    €50,000 for No1 spot

There is a misconception about the word "guarantee" .. yes everything can be guaranteed.. but under normal circumstances just takes paitence and a bag load of money. People say u cant guarantee rankings.. i say bull****, throw 1 billion euros at it and its guaranteed.. Whether u want to pay that or not is another question.

If anyone ever says they can guarantee you a number 1 position on Google using realistic (which rules out your €1bn condition), conventional, white-hat, methods for a popular key-phrase, just walk away.

• Advertisement

cormee wrote: »
    If anyone ever says they can guarantee you a number 1 position on Google using realistic (which rules out your €1bn condition), conventional, white-hat, methods for a popular key-phrase, just walk away.

Isnt that what i said ??
    whats realistic, ? Whats popular ? Whats the competition.

Course its whitehat.. Shall i rephrase what guarantee means ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Isnt that what i said ??
    whats realistic, ? Whats popular ? Whats the competition.

Course its whitehat.. Shall i rephrase what guarantee means ??

My posting related to your statement "People say u cant guarantee rankings.. i say bull****,"

You cannot guarantee rankings, and to say otherwise is incorrect.

But.. sorry to disagree with you, But you can.

Your telling me with 30,000 euros of a budget and not a billion .. you could not persay "hypothetically" speaking rank a website of lets say perhaps 5 or 10 million competition

Again using the below strategies..

Interlinking web 2.0 properties
    Article Submissions
    High Pr blog comments
    High pr Bookmarks
    Social Bookmarks
    Press Releases
    Social (tweet, linkedin, facebook)

Would that be classed as popular or would u like to dissect what im suggesting once more cormee.. Too expensive, too much, not whitehat , ?

Advertisement