Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me get a weather station

• 30-11-2006 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

Allegedly I have about €400 to spend on a weather station for chrimbly!

So, me not being practical or knowing that much about the weather, what is the best setup for me?

I know how to use a PC admirably so no issues on setting up geeky software etc. I have wireless broadband, internally & externally.

I am elevated, about 1200ft, due east of Abbeyfeale. High wind location, lots of days in the cloud too.

Any help appreciated (second hand kits from other users considered too!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Damn, that looks the business. Seems it comes with software and connectivity too. Can you confirm this when you get it?

Yep, it comes complete. (serial not USB, I have just bought an adaptor for it!)

I have installed the software, on this website, www.dolanbaker.info/weather currently relaying shannon airport weather, as it is an Xmas present the hardware is still wrapped up ;) .

Arrived within ten days of ordering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

So, some people are using the
    Oregon Scientific weather station WMR 928NX

Some people are using the
    Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2 Weather Station 6152 Pro2

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Which has software that works with the Mac OS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

And Lacrosse has some inexpensive ones. I imagine one gets what one pays for... what should a prospective weather geek do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Not mention to the wife about a need for better insulation.

There goes my chrimbly fund.

Advertisement