Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water being cut off on the Northside Friday Dec 1st

Options
  • 30-11-2006 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

DCC are cutting the water off on some parts of the Northside from 8am on Friday Dec 1st (tomorrow).

Killester to Baldoyle will be affected.

Just a heads up in case anyone didn't hear, it was on Joe Duffy today.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Thanks,you would think DCC would let us know and not Joe Duffy.

PS:why did you have Joe Duffy on...?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

**** that, I live in Raheny and we haven't heard anything...they normally pass a note around or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Dub13 wrote:

Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my grandmother rang me earlier and said there will a water tank at bridgets church on the howth road, also on rte news right now-water tanks at the following locations-baldoyle shopping centre, racecourse shopping centre, behind the uci cinema and the one i mentioned above.
    the report said that water will be cut off at 8pm tomorrow evening but they think there is enough in the system to last until sat evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dub13 wrote:
    :o
    Erm...er...

He had a woman on from Clontarf talking about it.
    admiralgar wrote:
    behind the uci cinema
    It'll be a small tank so, there's NO room behind there :confused:

I used to work in Power City there, and it's a very tight squeeze behind them buildings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Hopefully I wont be affected in Clare Hall...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Why not?

Because its Joe Duffy.

seansouth wrote:
    :o
    Erm...er...

He had a woman on from Clontarf talking about it.

It'll be a small tank so, there's NO room behind there :confused:

I used to work in Power City there, and it's a very tight squeeze behind them buildings.

you are joking arent you. it will be in the car park at the church, on the tonlegee rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

35,000 Dubliners facing weekend without water supplies
    01/12/2006 - 08:16:06

Up to 35,000 people will be left without a water supply in Dublin this weekend because of work being carried out on the Dublin Port Tunnel.

Large areas of the north-east of the city will have their mains water supply cut between 8pm this evening and 6pm on Sunday evening.

The areas affected include Clontarf, Fairview, Raheny, Killester, Kilbarrack, Sutton Park, Bayside Park, Baldoyle village, Baldoyle Industrial Estate and Menolly Homes Baldoyle.

Emergency water tankers will be provided in Howth and Coolock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

i didnt hear anything too i live in howth junction area

well communication at its best from authorities what can i say !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

thye were giving the guy form the council a realy hard timr this morning, what about old grannies, what about people with chidren, what about people who can't carry heavy loads of water, what the chaos the other day on the motorway, what about more notice

i think he said it was planned thing and he could have givin more notice but thought people would forget ...

quick! everyone in the affected area have a shower NOW, there wont be any water til sunday evening;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement