Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a property without an Estate Agent?

Options
  • 30-11-2006 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

I'm going to sell my house in Drogheda and was wondering if it's a good idea to try and sell without an estate agent ?

What does an estate agent do, apart from getting you house into myhome.ie and then showing the property ?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It has been done or at least tried here before.

PM Lex Luthor as he is doing it at the moment.

Search for his thread he posted on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Here's a link on the same topic on AAM

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

This is a very interesting subject and there seems to be more and more 'self-sell' websites out there...

Personally, my position would be to go to an estate agent in the belief that their knowledge would secure a better deal. I think one of the main problematic area would be weeding out the 'tyre-kickers', i.e. the people just out fot a bit of a nosey with no real intention of buying.

I think it would be very interesting to see how other people have got on with this....

Advertisement