Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone wap settings

• 30-11-2006 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi

Just biought a phone off a lad taht was unlocked from the Vodafone network. however it still has all the Vodafone branding, Vodafone Live etc. Is there any way of getting rid of this as I am not able to access the wap with my O2 sim, its telling me to "Subscribe to packet data first". Is ther anyway around this?

Cheers
    S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

You can take it to Nokia repair shop and get it flashed to the latest generic firmware and that will remove the Vodafone branding but as far as I know you should still be able to access your O2 provided you have settings in your phone set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ihavethepower

had the same problem - rang o2 and they sent their 'settings card' to the nokia - i accepted the new settings and gprs works fine. On the 6230s you can change the profile/phone preferences and quick connect keys but never really works properly because the vodafone branding is embedded in the software. So for the meantime your o2 GPRS will work but you would have to get the generic update to get rid of the vodafone 'look and feel'.

After the changeover - I don't think o2 wap services is as good as vodafone live! either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Souness

Cheers lads

Don't really mind about the Vodafone logo being there, just want to access the web. Will give O2 a ring and get them to send the settings.

Appreciate it

S

Advertisement