Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ken Kutaragi Pushed Out

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think his first big mistake was the PS3 hardware. I remember he got removed from head of consumer electronics because he made the PSP with parts that were too high quality. Typical Sony. If they can get away with an optical drive that is cheap but almost gauranteed to break only after the warranty is up they will take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Sorry, my bad. It might of helped if I'd looked at SCEI's page instead of Sony's.

So Kutaragi remains CEO but Kazuo becomes Central Operations Officer and basically takes on the running of the day to day activities of the department I presume.

'RIDDDGGGE RAAACCEERRR!'

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/061130a.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

There is speculation that he is being groomed to eventually take over the running of the whole company. From the outside, it might just look like he has been pushed aside. I used to think J Allard was pushed aside after the 360 launch but having read some stuff about him, it seems that he is incredibly well respected in Microsoft and is responsible for most new consumer product launches, e.g. the Zune being the most recent.

Advertisement