Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your Parenting Award?

Options
  • 30-11-2006 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭

Here I nominate myself for:

Least Sleep over longest time award:

( I know there will be a few contenders for this award but let ye state your case!)
    Year 1: no full nights sleep. Up every hour, or more frequently, most nights.:eek:
    Year 2: some improvement and a handful of full nights!
    Year 3: more improvement but no1 was still up at least twice a night (age 2 ½) when no2 was born. He proceeded to wake every 2 hours and up for the day at 5am for the following 6 months.
    Year 4: Both now sleep wonderfully (though we still have occasional visit from no1 and no 2 likes to wake at 6am!)

Bad mother award:

For leaving my 8 week old baby on the sofa while I dealt with my 2 year old who had tipped a bowl of cereal over the floor (on purpose). I will never ever as long as I live forget the sound of the THUD as his head hit the floor….( though he recovered in about 2 minutes while I made frantic phone calls to doctor/ husband/ mother).

Daft mother award:

For putting a Tupperware bowl of frozen solid vegetable soup into my daughters bag for playschool instead of her usual lunchbox with ham sandwiches.:o That didn’t go down very well.

Shortest labour award:

2 hours and 20 minutes from the first pang of labour til my son was born! :D

Smallest baby award: (I’m sure there’ll be smaller)
    My daughter was 4lbs and 12 oz.

Other possible award categories:
    Longest labour award
    Biggest baby award

Any others you can think of, nominate yourselves!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

How about an award for those of us lucky(???) enough to have twins and especially twins who don't sleep. You get one settled and then the other wakes up.

Its their first birthday today - where the hell did the last 12 months go?????

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

This has got to go to me....

Labour started on a Saturday night - went to Holles St Monday @ 6am & babs didn't arrive until Tuesday @ 10pm!

And yes I was in actual labour, he was facing the wrong way (not breach but back to front - if you know what I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

DS2 didn't sleep more than the initial two hours when put down for the "night" then wake hourly until he was 15 months where it eventually stretched to 4 or 5 hours and hubby worked away from home during the week.

At 9 he's not a great sleeper and my sleep pattern is permanently ruined. Now the tomcat (recent addition) sometimes meows outside the bedroom door.

There's another person who's on here that has had it bad at night

My sister had a 2lb baby at 30 weeks and he's a big bruiser now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I get the "stupidity for thinking breastfeeding acted as a reliable contraception & so now we have two babies 15months apart" award?! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Prosperous Dave- Happy Birthday to the twins. I actually have a special award set aside for you...it's the "has the knack of making everyone feel better no matter how little sleep they're gettting because it could be worse" award!

Riri- oh boy yes you defeintely deserve an award for that marathon!

Deisemum- 9 years :eek: yup special award (and a holiday) to you!

Ickle magoo- what can I say?!!:D :D i'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way now:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Do we get any award for having three kids who all slept for hours and hours at a stretch when new. Settled into sleeping from 9pm till about 4am - then only waking for a quick feed - and then returning to sleep till about 7.30/8am.??

Short Labour... well I was born within 20 minutes of my mothers waters going, my brother was born 90 minutes after her waters went and my sister was 30 minutes after waters going. And she didn't have one pain or twinge before then...

My own labours ... first 2hrs 45 minutes... second 4hrs 15 minutes and third was a long one ... 5hrs 10 minutes. (and they say labour get shorted each time ?).

Size of babies... 1st .. 7lb 2nd 8lb and then 3rd ... 10 lb 4oz (and I had no stitches !!).

My friends baby was ..... 1 pound 1 ounce ... and lived. Is currently teaching secondary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Do we get any award for having three kids who all slept for hours and hours at a stretch when new. Settled into sleeping from 9pm till about 4am - then only waking for a quick feed - and then returning to sleep till about 7.30/8am.??

Short Labour... well I was born within 20 minutes of my mothers waters going, my brother was born 90 minutes after her waters went and my sister was 30 minutes after waters going. And she didn't have one pain or twinge before then...

My own labours ... first 2hrs 45 minutes... second 4hrs 15 minutes and third was a long one ... 5hrs 10 minutes. (and they say labour get shorted each time ?).

Size of babies... 1st .. 7lb 2nd 8lb and then 3rd ... 10 lb 4oz (and I had no stitches !!).

My friends baby was ..... 1 pound 1 ounce ... and lived. Is currently teaching secondary school.

Now you're just boasting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

wow...I take my hat off to you...out lil one is 10 months now and she is really testing the strength of her skull...at least one head bang per day!

Advertisement