Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyre Square Xmas Lights...?

Options
  • 30-11-2006 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Whats everyone think about the lights in Eyre Square? Personally I think they're tacky and look out of place. Couldnt they have just stuck with classic white lights insdead of "electtric blue", seriously, who has blue lights for christmas? i like the style of them, just not the damn colour. I'd love to know which twat in teh council had that bright idea...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

Yeah..i dunno, i like the blue lights but theyr not christmassy at all!! you should see the lights in limerick, theyr purple!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

They're hideous. Disgusting. Tack central. Looks like the inside of a Honda Civic. Sooo out of place. And I heard they spent 80K on them too. And if anyone complains "You;ll get used to them sure."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

what? I think they're cool! I really do! looks nice at night, a bit more icy and Northern!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

80k? for that sh!te?! jebus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

yep seen them awhile ago and they look rubbish! funny enough just back from london and they had blue and white lights there! but not like the neon crap that they just threw up into the trees! wtf?

• Advertisement

A good burning would sort them all out. Hanleys / Hollands always look nice, with just the plain white lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

They are OK...... OK in the sense that they would look good on any day of the year. They aren't exactly that festive. I like them though at night, I make it a point to walk through the park on my way home from work in the evening.

wet-paint wrote:
    Hanleys / Hollands always look nice, with just the plain white lights.

Agreed.

Simple is best......... Always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tickledpinkfair

hey i think th lights are quite nice they could do with getting more lights to cover every tree was lookin at em the other day could be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Yeah, they're not the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's not so much the colour, it's that they're just thrown on the trees.
    There seems to be very little thought put into it at all, no coherency.

It's ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

The christmas tree in woodquay had the lights wrecked on it from the wind over the last couple of nights, maybe nature is no big fan of these lights either?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jacket/potato

My mother has those kind of lights so f$ck off!! i ,like them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 FuzzyWool

They're all mystical prettyful, white is too plain by itself. Agreed they should fix them a bit, the thrown onto the tree look doesn't quite work.. Bloo dabadee dabadaa.. blootifool

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There awful cuck altogether the drunk within me wants them destroyed or relocated to a much more hilarious position. Galways gotten far to poncey for my liken, just look at the likes of Foxes or the huntsman. Jayz you'd feel bad waring your wellies in them gaffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I cannot believe there's a Eyre Square web cam. Maybe it's used to catch Knacker Dwarf in the act?

I'm online in the Living Room now, and they've v nice lights upstairs, plain white dangly ones, which are reflected in the mirrors opposite, so it looks like there's twice as many.

Good idea, but imagine if the council tried to rip it off?
    "Alright, point these 12 feet high mirrors AWAY from the sun. Hey kid, put down that rock, that's seven years bad luck."
    Leading to bush fires in Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Navilluso

Ya can't beat the lights and garlands on the Great Southern.....a true sign of christmas. Dunno what to think of the lights in the square. Weather has been so crap that I've only run through the square twice and haven't had time to take it all in. Don't think I fancy the blue lights though...a bit tack tbh.

Does anyone know exactly where that camera is?

We should get someone to hold up a big ass sign saying, "hello all boards.ie Galway people"

I nominate RHG.

• Advertisement

I second that motion.

I second that motion.

Motion passed :)

It seems to be on top of the "Galway Advertiser" building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

blue xmas lights are everywhere this year. every second house out to Claregalway has them up and o'connel st in Dublin is blue too..cept looks alot better than Eyre Sq! They all must have bought in the January Sales last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

I think they arnt the worst...a change can be good! However my friend got arrested last saturday for climbing up the big christmas tree, he got all the way to the top, I have no idea how given the state he was in!!!

It happens to the best of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

the-furbo wrote:
    I think they arnt the worst...a change can be good! However my friend got arrested last saturday for climbing up the big christmas tree, he got all the way to the top, I have no idea how given the state he was in!!!

Jeez fair play to him! Did the Gardai start throwing stuff at him to get him down or what? I can see it now

"A bit more to the left there Seamie and ya have the fecker"

"Wow! He's so much easier to hit than that Knacker Dwarf!"

"I got'im twice already!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

?banned? wrote:
    Couldn't they have just stuck with classic white lights instead of "electric blue", seriously, who has blue lights for Christmas?
    The Grand Place in Brussels also has the blue theme going. Quite nice actually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement