Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So Iv Been Told Im Owed An Upgrade

• 30-11-2006 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

I got a text off 3 today telling me that im due an upgrade from my V3x. Im tempted by the K800i because I like the look of the camera. But I would not be happy if in january or february a much better phone came out and I missed out because I had already upgraded.

So my question is, is there a phone out in the new year that would be significantly better than the K800i and should I wait a month or two before upgrading (im most interested in camera quality).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Take the upgrade - get the phone you want now - a major improvement on what you've got an a phone which won't show it's age for a while, and live safe in the knowledge that a better phone will DEFINITLY come out in the next few months. Such is the world of mobile phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I second ciaranfo. There will always be a better phone coming out in a few months. It's really about whether you'd like to upgrade now, and if you like the K800i? If you'd like to upgrade ASAP and the K800i is a good phone for you, go for it.

If on the other hand you have doubts about the K800i, or don't mind waiting a few months, wait! For example, you could wait for the X-Series Nokia N73 or W950i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Mate of mine owns a K800i loves it great camera have transferred them to the PC 3.2 mega pic and flash also a great phone good battery life too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

I got that text the other day too and have a V3X.

The K800 won't do X series so I'm waiting for the Nokia N73 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Nokia N95! :D

Ok, a bit unrealistic to think Meteor will get it and offer as an upgrade, but... JUST LOOK AT TEH FEATURES!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Velocitee

I'm on 3 also (bill phone), just have a few questions -

How long before you are entitled to upgrade, how are you informed?
    How much are the upgrade phones generally, cheaper than new contract phones? the same?

Any help, much appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I'm guessing you get it after 12 months. That's what happened to me, at least. You get an SMS and you get a letter. I don't know what the prices are. I'm waiting for the N73 or similar before upgrading. You will sign up for another 12 months when upgrading, but that's normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

have a v3x on 3 got the txt few weeks back
    but im fairly happy with my phone at the moment and besides i just spent all my money on a nintendo wii so no new phone for another 6months at least
    which i dont mind at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Velocitee

hmm...

guess I'll have to wait for the text/letter to find out, only be interested if it was cheap enough really,

Cheers for all the help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Velocitee wrote:
    hmm...

guess I'll have to wait for the text/letter to find out, only be interested if it was cheap enough really,

Cheers for all the help :)

Its about €20 cheaper on upgrade than if you were to buy it as a new customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ not bad i guess but ill hold out for a while longer

Advertisement