Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture Trail 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Some very cool pics of Tramore there! Thanks Seanie!!! Things have changed so much in Tramore and so little, its wierd! lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

at the end of those pics i think i know where the hunted well is , but anyone know why its called the Hunted Well, is their a story behind it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

magick wrote:
    at the end of those pics i think i know where the hunted well is , but anyone know why its called the Hunted Well, is their a story behind it ?

Was wondering the same thing, except its the 'haunted' well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭SeanieM

merlante wrote:
    Was wondering the same thing, except its the 'haunted' well. :)

A bit of a difference!!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Its a pity that the hydro is gone. It would look so much better there now considering all that open space which is there now is just an eye sore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ushuaia

Thanks for this thread! I really enjoyed the pictures of Tramore particularly. Being only 6 years in Tramore I was wondering what the Hydro was and googled it. I found this link http://www.waterfordcountylibrary.ie/library/web?task=Display&art_id=113&pagenum=1&lang=en to the Waterford county library website which I thought made very interesting reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

some great pictures of Dungarvan there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

Excellent pics - thanks :D
    Anyone any idea how long the hydro is gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

What was the Hydro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 farlee

mad man wrote:
    What was the Hydro?

They were Sea water baths, the building was still there in the 80's, not sure when it was Knocked down.
    122179422.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

very interesting, I don't remember it at all and I spent a month each summer in Tramore in the 80's....back when the sun was brilliant and even when it rained we still insisted our mam take us to the beach! The poor woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

It was a wreck of a building when I was growing up. I think there was a restaurant there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

I remember the hydro ! there used to be a cafe in there then the knocked it down along with the playground / mini golf and slide that were there to make way for a travelling Rollorcoaster/Log/Water ride .. must have been arounf the late late 80's ?? though im not too sure of that

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Great pictures. Really does show the differences when comparing old to new!!

Thanks for the share Seanie. tis appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Is the lad banned? He seemed like a good natured sort.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

A temp ban imposed for the following topic;

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055027596

(From what I can gather)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

lol. Hard to believe Tallesian could be bothered to write such a lengthy post in response to that. This guy is clearly someone who just wanted to post among other Waterford people.

It's only a temp ban though so I'm sure he'll learn how things work around here and be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

fade2black wrote:
    lol. Hard to believe Tallesian could be bothered to write such a lengthy post in response to that. This guy is clearly someone who just wanted to post among other Waterford people.

It's only a temp ban though so I'm sure he'll learn how things work around here and be back soon.

He'd be better off posting to an actual Waterford (city area) site like 051.ie. As much as I enjoy reading the Waterford board on boards.ie, it is only a tiny facet of boards.ie, and there has always been a strong focus on keeping things on topic here. If people want to talk to Waterford people about non-Waterford specific stuff then a Waterford site is what you want. This is a generic Irish site.

He did contribute some topics of interest to us tho :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully04 wrote:
    He did contribute some topics of interest to us tho :D

yes he did, but its just pointless postiong three different links to three different collections of photos in thread differeent threads.

Post them all in the one thread and people will be better able to view them all

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote:
    yes he did, but its just pointless postiong three different links to three different collections of photos in thread differeent threads.

Post them all in the one thread and people will be better able to view them all

Aye good point I guess. Perhaps he will learn when the ban is removed, I guess we will wait and see

Advertisement