Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to US- Need advice

• 01-12-2006 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm planning on going to America for a year and would be grateful if anyone could gimme advice. The plan is....get a year holiday visa...and hopefully get casual work while we travel around. Some of us have already gone to NY so that's the first stop, accomodation organised etc. They found jobs no problem. So here's what I need help with...
    - Whats the minimum amount of money I can afford to go with?
    - How easy is it to get work without a visa? Im willing to do any type of work really.
    - Planning on spending a few months in NY, San Fran, maybe another city...what's the deal with renting in the US? Can you rent for 2/3 months at a time?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Dont think you can get a year holiday visa and work unless its under the table of course.

There are a few options check out the US immigration website for tips.

You run the risk of been deported and getting a ban. Not worth it really if you intend coming here on a holiday visa. They call it a holiday visa for a reason.

Your best bet is cross the mexican border and claim benefits like all the illegals do here.

Advertisement