Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christmas day

Options
  • 01-12-2006 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

whats the best way to spend christmas day, APART FROM GETTING PISSED , can we get through the day without alcohol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved to Gift & Festivity & Party Ideas from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

With family, eating big meals and Cadbury Roses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Lots of grub, stacks of DVDs (teh telly is always ****e unless you want to see Willy Wonka for the 1 millionth time) and good company for a chat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ruu wrote:
    unless you want to see Willy Wonka for the 1 millionth time

Hell yeah! That and Home Alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I agree with the eating too much food and chocolate but I think its unpossible to not drink on christmas day... Its a tradition, even if its just a glass of wine with dinner.

mmMMm Roses!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

We don't really drink on Christmas maybe some wine with the dinner but thats about it and even then not everybody in our house likes wine. Out of the five of us four drink so it's not that we're teatotal or anything we just never got into the habit of doing it.
    We get up and give pressies, watch It's A Wonderful Life, talk, have relations over, have a massive dinner, sit/lie down for a couple of hours till everything digests and watch some DVD's we got or something. We might go for a walk before the evening closes in. We might visit our Granny but don't drink as we are drinving. It's not that hard really I always thought it was a little sad to see people stocking up on 4 crates a beer on Xmas Eve as if it's impossible to spend a day with the people you love without getting totally sh1tfaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    With family, eating big meals and Cadbury Roses.
    got it in one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Hell yeah! That and Home Alone.

I'm hoping for jungle book this year. We starting singing some songs from it last night and it really got me in the mood for it. They play that at christmas, right?
    jazoo wrote:
    can we get through the day without alcohol.

No

Advertisement