Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have "YOU" got your PS3 booked?

• 01-12-2006 2:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Seen how interesting and popular this topic was in Wii version so I thought I'd see what everyone here thought about the PS3 and booking it.

I have mine booked in my Local Xtra Vision(1st in line)
    Smyth's(5th in line)
    and have my number in game for whenever they are taking bookings.

I'm not waiting any later than launch for this so I thought I'd do it right.
    How about you lot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

How much are they going to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

How much are they going to be?

€630 RRP.

expect irish retailers to add to that, and then for gamestop/game to try and force bundles on you too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Would the japan version of PS3 work here?

Was chatting to guy who sells them but he was saying that there can be some trouble with them.

Is there a website where I can find out what games are available for ps3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

jeez its not out forever plus look it how 360 dropped price. il wait a month or two. id say by summer when we all have money, prices will be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

acecard why did ya book it in three places..are ya getting three of em :D

im not sure whether to get a ps3 and 32" hd lcd..or just get an alri pc..so i cant really book anything at the moment because i dont know if ill definetly be getting it..or can i??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

I booked 3 to guarantee myself a console.:D
    After seeing how it all went in Japan and the US I don't want to risk getting shot if I'm not even going to come out in the end with the bloody console!!:rolleyes:
    I reckon the console (Premium version) will be around €650.
    I also booked it in three places as I was promised all my deposits were refundable if I got the console elsewhere so what's the harm?

And on the note of the console from other regions working here.
    Yes they will, but for how long?The I/O of the consoles in other regions are a lot different than they will be here.So with the different I/O being forced on an EU voltage house.....I don't even want to begin to surmise.

I wouldn't risk it anyway, if it were not for that risk I would already have a US PS3.:)

IgsTer wrote:
    im not sure whether to get a ps3 and 32" hd lcd..or just get an alri pc..so i cant really book anything at the moment because i dont know if ill definetly be getting it..or can i??

i always put my PC before anything else, so i've got that sorted (got a 7600GT to do me until next year, when i'll get a brand new machine for DX10, etc.). i just got a 32" HD tv last week, part of which is funded as my christmas pressie... and now i have until march to worry about the PS3!

and now i have until march to worry about the PS3!
    You would be surprised how many people (Me for instance) decide to book it early.I kept my bookings from November for the March release.
    I want my PS3 60gb model and Sonic The Hedgehog on launch day, so I made sure that will happen by booking it now in 3 places.

And on the note of PC's.I just made my new build last month so it's top of the range and I won't have to worry about it again for at least a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,345 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So €750 with a couple of games? I'll give it a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I want my PS3 60gb model and Sonic The Hedgehog on launch day,
    I wouldn't bother http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=70371

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:

Yeah read that a while back, never seen a more bias opinion in my life.
    Someone obviously doesn't like or enjoy Sonic The Hedgehog games...so let's let him review the game.Aside from that a lot of the other Sonic games got horrible reviews and I enjoyed them so much as to say 10/10.I'm a die hard sonic fan and even if this is as bad as it says I still want to own it.
    Every gameplay and trailer footage I have seen I loved.The camera and the fact that you aren't always using Sonic was why it was reviewed so badly.

To be honest at this stage if you're still bitching about the camera....learn how to ****ing use it.I have completed all the previous Sonic games 100% all emblems all A ranks etc.Camera didn't stop me did it?
    And neither did having to use Tails Eggman Rouge Knuckles and Shadow.

I'm hyped for this game and I know I'll enjoy it.
    But thanks for the heads up anyway man.

And on the note of PC's.I just made my new build last month so it's top of the range and I won't have to worry about it again for at least a few years.

not to make you cry or anything, but my athlon and 7600GT are pretty damn good, but dx10 is going to bugger anything you get right now after a year or so.

dx10 is going to bugger anything you get right now after a year or so.

I won't be getting Vista so I'm not really worried.
    I don't like anything about Micro$oft moving into my home along with their product.And my ATI Vid card is compatible with DX 10 anyway.

I won't be getting Vista so I'm not really worried.
    I don't like anything about Micro$oft moving into my home along with their product.And my ATI Vid card is compatible with DX 10 anyway.

yeah but i remember dx9 compatable cards out before dx9 and when the games arrived they had horrible performance

Ahh but there were Drivers released as work arounds.
    No worries really.I'm just going to get the DX9.L for Windows XP for all my DX10 games.As I said no chance of me paying for, or doing any criminal actions to get a copy of Vista to be spied on or put through any hassle to own it.

Advertisement