Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilli Banana?.

Options
  • 01-12-2006 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone eaten there?. Its on the upper Drumcondra road, next door to the Ivy house pub..

I wouldn't mind an opinion on Dobbin's, Stephans Lane. either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Yeah I ate there about 5 months ago. Really nice meal, girlfriend was impressed too. Was a spur of the moment thing when we were passing, and we were very happy with it. It seems to have been busy most of the times I've passed.

If you're looking for good Asian food on that side of the city, I'd also highly recommend the Mandalay near the Crowne Plaza in Santry, really nice place, if a bit pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

6ix wrote:
    If you're looking for good Asian food on that side of the city, I'd also highly recommend the Mandalay near the Crowne Plaza in Santry, really nice place, if a bit pricey.

Never thought of that one!.

Cheer's, I appricate the input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Chilli Banana is lovely. As is the Jade Dragon Restaurant beside it. And there's an Oriental Restaurant (Also yummy...) in the Millmount House on Drumcondra Road (the blue place just before the Bridge)

And I can second the Mandalay. Yummy.

Oh and there's a new Chinese/Asian restaurant in Omni over near the cinema, meant to be nice too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Chilli banana is nice but the tables are cramped. I dont find it a personal or romantic restaurant.

Dobbins is top notch with great selection of wine, would be considered slightly more "posh". It can be pricey too but its worth it.

I would also recommend Diep La Shakar in town for asian food (pricey but doesnt feel like a "all asian food tastes the same anyway" restaurant).

Dont forget Roly's bistro in ballsbridge. A must for anyone and not as pricey as you might expect.

Advertisement