Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Schools In Ireland

• 01-12-2006 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi Guys I Was Looking for some Wrestling Schools In Ireland So I Can Train to be a Wrestler does anybody know where i can find one and where they are

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Jay-Jay wrote:
    Hi Guys I Was Looking for some Wrestling Schools In Ireland So I Can Train to be a Wrestler does anybody know where i can find one and where they are

Irish Whip and NWA are the 2 long stays in the school business and are the only 2 reputable schools in Ireland with decent facilities and a proper backing in the business, both can offer good trade links for oversea openings IF you are good enough and willing to travel for shows.

Both will give you a decent training at the basics, but only if you are willing to put in the work. I can't speak for NWA on hours but IWW is open for training 7 days a week. There is also CPW in Dublin but it doesn't have the facilities or openings that IWW and NWA can offer you. If you are in the North, you can look at UCW but again, it hasn't the profile of IWW or NWA

I hope this helps you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Solely based on what I've been told by people who trained with IWW and CPW, IWW seem to be coming out on top in every respect. I have no allegiance to either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Supermark

Training in NWA Ireland is every Sunday from 12-6pm for Seniors and 12-2:30pm for Juniors(Under 15). Also Wednesdays from 7-9:30pm.

The NWA Ireland Training Facilty is Located Out in Bray. All Buses leave you outside the place just as you enter Bray or the Dart leaves you a 10 minute walk from there.

Check Out www.nwaireland.com for more info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Jay-Jay

Supermark wrote:
    Training in NWA Ireland is every Sunday from 12-6pm for Seniors and 12-2:30pm for Juniors(Under 15). Also Wednesdays from 7-9:30pm.

The NWA Ireland Training Facilty is Located Out in Bray. All Buses leave you outside the place just as you enter Bray or the Dart leaves you a 10 minute walk from there.

Check Out www.nwaireland.com for more info!

is there no wrestling schools in dublin because where i live its very long to get down to bray and i can't go down there every week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Jay-Jay wrote:
    is there no wrestling schools in dublin because where i live its very long to get down to bray and i can't go down there every week
    iww is in baldoyle..im gonna start up with them again in the next month or two

• Advertisement

what is it like are you just training up and is the junior ones (Under 15s) in dublin not outside it like bray and baldoyle is a kinda far away from dublin

Jay-Jay wrote:
    what is it like are you just training up and is the junior ones (Under 15s) in dublin not outside it like bray and baldoyle is a kinda far away from dublin
    what are you talking about...baldoyle is in dublin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I think the OP is talking about city centre - which to me would make more sense for training facilities.

However realisticly it would be far too expensive to run such facilities in city centre - was rent is sky high, thus would require the facilities to charge much more then they already do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Supermark

Sorry Jay-Jay but, if Wrestling is something you want to do, then you have to show some serious commitment to it...

A Few NWA Ireland examples:

The Cassidy Brothers- Travel From Letterkenny, Donegal to Bray

Team Mega- Kildare Town to Bray

Paddy Morrow, The Finglas Hooligans, Phil The Thrill, Del PC, Sean South- all Travel from Nth. Dublin to Bray every week.

Ross Browne- Cork to Bray.

If your Not happy travelling 30-40mins from the City Centre.
    all I can say is theres something wrong there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sure didn't Mick Foley drive 16 hours every weekend when he was trainin?!

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    Sure didn't Mick Foley drive 16 hours every weekend when he was trainin?!

i can't drive i am not over 16 besides i wanted to go to the one in bray but bray is a good bit away from dundalk don't ya think fora guy dat dosn't have a car

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Wait till you have a decent paying job and then make weekend trips, staying at a friends house or a cheap hotel. You'll usually find that you'll end making friends through training and sometimes they would be more than happy enough to let you crash in their place. Other than that I don't know what to tell ya. A few years ago you would of had to travel to England so it's a damn site better in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I would love to give this a try sometime :) Although I would probably be dead after 10 minutes.

I would love to give this a try sometime :) Although I would probably be dead after 10 minutes.
    when I first joined IWW I thought the same....I was of the impression that all the guys would be ripped but infact it was totaly different.Everyone there was just like me and everyone was very supportive of each other.It was unfortunate that I had to quit and its been about 2 years now but I cant wait to go back

Jay-Jay wrote:
    i can't drive i am not over 16 besides i wanted to go to the one in bray but bray is a good bit away from dundalk don't ya think fora guy dat dosn't have a car

I wasn't sayin that you should drive anywhere, just pointin out the level of commitment a lot of wrestlers have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Jay-Jay wrote:

The train you travel to Dublin on from Dundalk can pretty much be seen from the IWW Training school, and it leaves you at the station for you to get to NWA. Indeed, you can actually get from school to school in less than one hour so they very much are commutable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

you know what? I think i would like to become a wrestler does the IWW accept girls?

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    you know what? I think i would like to become a wrestler does the IWW accept girls?
    they do..check out their site...www.irishwhipwrestling.com....posting a pic of you on here may help us decide if you have "the look" :D

fatal wrote:
    they do..check out their site...www.irishwhipwrestling.com....posting a pic of you on here may help us decide if you have "the look" :D
    you just want to see what i look like don't you fatal?;)

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    you just want to see what i look like don't you fatal?;)

to see if you have "the look" yea lol

• Advertisement

Believe me fatal i have the look

You might be the next Chris Benoit! That'd be quite ironic!

Fozzy wrote:
    hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

Fozzy wrote:
    i would much more prefer to be the next ken kennedy.I could call myself Mrs kennedy.............. kennedy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Training is something i've been thinking about for a LONG time but stuff like money, college and work have gotten in the way of me doing that. Hopefully in the new year I can check IWW out and see how I get on. I went down to their training centre once to check it out and Vic Viper was doing the training. I had a chat with him and he seemed pretty cool but the funny thing was that I got the impression that he was really trying to make himself look good (probably so that IWW looked good) so when we finshed our chat he went to hop into the ring over the top rope only to get his foot caught and go face first into the canvas! Hilarious stuff! I've never seen some one with such a red face in my life when he looked back at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I have been to the facility down in Bray (not actually training, visiting a friend who was training). The guys are pretty cool, but it is intense training - so whether you are fit or not, its going to push you.

Most of all it looked damn fun

i'm going down to IWW next week to check it out anyone know if it does U/15s

Jay-Jay wrote:
    i'm going down to IWW next week to check it out anyone know if it does U/15s
    check out www.irishwhipwrestling.com and if you cant find it..email them

fatal are you in it? will you be there next week?what type of training is it? did you have your first match yet?

• Advertisement

Jay-Jay wrote:
    fatal are you in it? will you be there next week?what type of training is it? did you have your first match yet?
    i trained with them about two years ago but then had to stop because of injuries,leaving certs etc...i am hopinh to return to them by next year

Advertisement