Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Disgrace

Options
  • 01-12-2006 2:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

'Dont care what you do or think, you know im right. As for other poster how would you feel if you were a baby tossed in a MIICROWAVE and put on 1000w for 20mins. This is WAY beyond decency to even discuss. I have no more to say on this other then im very disapponted.'

Banned for posting against a 'discussion' about a baby roasted in a microwave by his/her mother. Absoluetly sick.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah! and let's pro-actively ban quenten tarantino and whatever dickhead made saw as well!

down with this sort of thing!

up with babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Won't someone please think of the children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You were banned because you didn't listen to the warning and were told to stay on topic. The Report button is there for a reason, its not just a decoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Rather, banned for being unbelievably thick.
    You clearly haven't read the charter. You were told several times what course of action to take. You insisted on ignoring this and the warning that was given. You were banned.

Thread is here for review by others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Mordeth wrote:
    yeah! and let's pro-actively ban quenten tarantino and whatever dickhead made saw as well!

down with this sort of thing!

up with babies!

Do you think its funny? Because I dont see anything funny here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

darkman2 wrote:
    'Dont care what you do or think, you know im right. As for other poster how would you feel if you were a baby tossed in a MIICROWAVE and put on 1000w for 20mins. This is WAY beyond decency to even discuss. I have no more to say on this other then im very disapponted.'

Banned for posting against a 'discussion' about a baby roasted in a microwave by his/her mother. Absoluetly sick.
    if you don't like it, don't read it. You got banned for ignoring the mods warnings about procedure. Nuff said. The topic and it's content are irrelevant, you broke the rules.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Welcome to the internet my friend

Ruu wrote:
    You were banned because you didn't listen to the warning and were told to stay on topic. The Report button is there for a reason, its not just a decoration.

Ruu with respect how about a bit of cop on eh? That in the AH section?

darkman2 wrote:
    Because I dont see anything funny here.
    I do.

We cannot and I will not censor every topic that is deemed potentially offensive. There is limited scope for discussion on this subject. I have been watching it as close as I can to prevent any OTT remarks.
    Re: You, and your ban: I addressed your complaint and told you how to take it further if you were not satisfied. You ignored this. I warned you. You ignored this. And so on... you got a ban, as per the charter and common-sense. We're now able to discuss it without you spoiling the thread. The ban worked, as far as I'm concerned.
    Now, do you have anything worthwhile to type? Or is it going to continue to be 'down with this sort of thing'?

Karoma wrote:
    I do.

We cannot and I will not censor every ****ing topic that is deemed potentially offensive. There is limited scope for discussion on this subject. I have been watching it as close as I can to prevent any OTT remarks.
    Re: You, and your ban: I addressed your complaint and told you how to take it further if you were not satisfied. You ignored this. I warned you. You ignored this. And so on... you got a ban, as per the charter and common-sense. We're now able to discuss it without you spoiling the thread. The ban worked, as far as I'm concerned.

OK, well ive made my point so if you remove the ban I promise to dicuss it here in a more appropriate manner. I appoligise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

darkman2 wrote:
    Ruu with respect how about a bit of cop on eh? That in the AH section?

Like Karoma mentioned, a close eye was kept on the topic by the moderators to prevent OTT remarks and people could continue to discuss what they wanted.

darkman2 wrote:
    OK, well ive made my point so if you remove the ban I promise to dicuss it here in a more appropriate manner. I appoligise.
    Ban lifted.
    Read it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304451

Karoma wrote:

Thank you. I just feel strongly on such topics. Wont happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

You're getting soft K :D

Rabies wrote:
    *lights up smoke*
    Dude, save it for PM... >_>

Rabies wrote:

I thought he would give me a month or something! Fair play:D

Bans are to serve a purpose - this one would seem to have served the purpose...we'll see. The next one is permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Rabies wrote:

Keep your sex talk to PMs. Thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Do you think its funny? Because I dont see anything funny here.

I saw this thread. It was vaguely amusing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

darkman2 wrote:
    how would you feel if you were a baby tossed in a MIICROWAVE and put on 1000w for 20mins.

Hot I would think.

In fairness, someone had to say it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

BuffyBot wrote:
    I saw this thread. It was vaguely amusing.

It's highly amusing. As a planet, we are over populated. Events like this, while sad are actually beneficial. Yay microwaves!

I'm not being serious, at all. So lighten up!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Would it not have been easier to start up a thread asking if the placement of baby into a microwave for the purposes of murder in the cinema was socially acceptable, or the shock/horror belief of modern movie makers has gone a few steps too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

How did the song go?

Ah yes. Burn baby burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Kitchen inferno....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Struck. By. Lightning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Wouldn't the poor baby get dizzy going around and around on the glass plate? I mean that's a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hagar wrote:
    Wouldn't the poor baby get dizzy going around and around on the glass plate? I mean that's a bit much.
    Forgive me, I lolled at this :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Beruthiel wrote:
    Hot I would think.

In fairness, someone had to say it
    Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hagar wrote:

OMG Hagar, you're back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

it was strange, i'm the worst for making babies jokes...pretty sick ones, and tbh i thought that the thread really should have been moved to closed, its all well and good joking bout it 'in theory' but in practice joking about it just ain't cricket.

bit like communism :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement