Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bravia / XBOX 360

• 01-12-2006 7:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All,

I just got a new Bravia V series 32". I'm pretty happy with how my 360 games look on it but not with DVDs. I'm using the 360 as my DVD player.

Should I invest in a new DVD player?

Also I was thinking of going with Sky+ but read somewhere that the difference between HD and SD is only really noticable on screens larger then 37".

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I read somewhere that the xbox only upscaled dvd through vga, rather than component. Have you tried that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Im going to assume you connect the xbox to the tv by component.

If so you could try getting the vga cable. With this the 360 can upscale dvds to 1080p (or to 720p on your tv) and you will see improvement there. I have both cables and dvds look clearly better with vga, though with vga you need to adjust your display settings alot to get the colour, brightness, etc correct as it can look slightly 'faded' at first.

With Sky+ the signal is still digital and not 'hd' unless you sign up for sky hd, in which you pay €15 extra a month for something like 5 or 6 hd channels. Some of which are extra premium channels like the sports and movie channels which are extra again. If you dont have some form of digital tv sky+ will look very good in comparison to any analog service.

D

Advertisement