Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Intolerance on my part?

Options
  • 01-12-2006 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been done to death but I can't help myself. I'd like to understand what it is in people that causes them to behave in certain ways on the road. In my book it is unforgiveable to do the following, yet it seems almost one in every three people carry on as follows...

Failure to indicate or inticating incorrectly at junctions, roundabouts, changing lanes etc... How can someone be so lazy or stupid to do this? It's not rocket science so getting it wrong is unforgiveable and not doing it at all is even worse... it beggars belief, what type of person does this? I'd love to have a conversation with you so I can understand what your reasons are and what kind of a person you are, what your problem is.

Driving with fog lights on, front or rear when it's not raining heavily or foggy. Why? I can't understand how people can be that stupid that they don't know what they are doing. I am constantly flashing my fog lights on and off to try to get their attention and stop blinding me, but on only one occasion has anyone copped on and turned them off. Why do you do it? Are you that dozy that you don't know what all the buttons do on your car or do you think your car 'looks cool' with fog lights or something? If you ARE one of those people, you're a clown. Turn them off for Jaysus sake and save them for what they were created for.

Queue jumping. Knowingly driving on an empty 'turn right/left only' lane skipping dozens of stationary cars then capitalising on some dozy driver who leaves a gap and cut back in. Also driving on hard shoulder of M50 pretending to be taking the next exit and clipping back at the last minute. Also driving on the Bray exit on the N11 and cutting in at the bottom. You guys are my favourite. Do you think that the rest of us don't realise that it can be done and are just stupid eejits unnecessarily waiting our turn in the traffic? Do you think you are clever? Or is it that you are more important than the rest of us and in more of a hurry? What kind of an ignoramus are you? Why do you do it?

Add to the list, filling the gap in a yellow box, parking arseways taking up two spaces, parking in an invalid spot, not extending courtesy to other drivers generally, driving illegally in bus lanes inside the hours etc. etc. - I'm sure there are dozens more I've forgtotten about. If you are one of those people, and are generally a decent skin, I beg you to think about what you are doing, think about how infuriating it is to your fellow human beings who just want to do a stress free days work and get from A to B safely, think about the resentment and ill feeling your behaviour fosters on our roads and think about why you do the things you do. Please...

I wish I could just let it go, but I can't. It stresses the hell out of me everytime I see it. I would love nothing more than to be impervious to this and to not care but it makes my blood boil and I know I'm fighting a losing battle. But I can't help it.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

here we go again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Excellent Rant.

Bravo well said!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Driving with fog lights on, front or rear when it's not raining heavily or foggy. Why? I can't understand how people can be that stupid that they don't know what they are doing. I am constantly flashing my fog lights on and off to try to get their attention and stop blinding me, but on only one occasion has anyone copped on and turned them off. Why do you do it? Are you that dozy that you don't know what all the buttons do on your car or do you think your car 'looks cool' with fog lights or something? If you ARE one of those people, you're a clown. Turn them off for Jaysus sake and save them for what they were created for.

I drive with my fog lights on depending on the road I use to increase visablilty on that road. These are not 'N' Roads they are 'R' roads which are bendy and twisty suffer flooding and pot holes as the council cant be bother the repair them. I turn the fog lights off when I enter a town or a well lit area.

I have fog lights and not spot lights, I agree with you that spot lights are very bright.

I noticed recently that I have a greater tolerance to bright light than my girlfriend. I wear glasses with a film on them which helps night driving. My girlfriend went to get her eyes tested and got glasses with the same film and doesnt have a problem with bright lights anymore.

Even I drive down the M1 or M50 at night I dont use my front fogs, do you understand my point.

In addition, while I agree with your points above, I have to say, its not worth the hassle of it. You will get more worked up and someday it could turn to road rage. If you see these happening I tell yourself at least your not like that ass, and continue on driving in a responsible manner.

My biggest pev was people pulling right out infront of me at junctions, you know the case where you have to brake hard. Doesnt bother me anymore, theres more important things to worry about, although I do acknowledge that its not ideal driving conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

I'm sure this has been done to death but I can't help myself. I'd like to understand what it is in people that causes them to behave in certain ways on the road. In my book it is unforgiveable to do the following, yet it seems almost one in every three people carry on as follows...

Failure to indicate or inticating incorrectly at junctions, roundabouts, changing lanes etc... How can someone be so lazy or stupid to do this? It's not rocket science so getting it wrong is unforgiveable and not doing it at all is even worse... it beggars belief, what type of person does this? I'd love to have a conversation with you so I can understand what your reasons are and what kind of a person you are, what your problem is.

Queue jumping. Knowingly driving on an empty 'turn right/left only' lane skipping dozens of stationary cars then capitalising on some dozy driver who leaves a gap and cut back in. Also driving on hard shoulder of M50 pretending to be taking the next exit and clipping back at the last minute. Also driving on the Bray exit on the N11 and cutting in at the bottom. You guys are my favourite. Do you think that the rest of us don't realise that it can be done and are just stupid eejits unnecessarily waiting our turn in the traffic? Do you think you are clever? Or is it that you are more important than the rest of us and in more of a hurry? What kind of an ignoramus are you? Why do you do it?

Add to the list, filling the gap in a yellow box, parking arseways taking up two spaces, parking in an invalid spot, not extending courtesy to other drivers generally, driving illegally in bus lanes inside the hours etc. etc. - I'm sure there are dozens more I've forgtotten about. If you are one of those people, and are generally a decent skin, I beg you to think about what you are doing, think about how infuriating it is to your fellow human beings who just want to do a stress free days work and get from A to B safely, think about the resentment and ill feeling your behaviour fosters on our roads and think about why you do the things you do. Please...

I wish I could just let it go, but I can't. It stresses the hell out of me everytime I see it. I would love nothing more than to be impervious to this and to not care but it makes my blood boil and I know I'm fighting a losing battle. But I can't help it.

your gona give yourself a heart attack ! or a serious candidate for roadrage...you really should not let these things bother you so much, just live with it and im sure your driving experience will be a lot more pleasent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

kluivert wrote:
    I drive with my fog lights on depending on the road I use to increase visablilty on that road. These are not 'N' Roads they are 'R' roads which are bendy and twisty suffer flooding and pot holes as the council cant be bother the repair them. I turn the fog lights off when I enter a town or a well lit area.

I have fog lights and not spot lights, I agree with you that spot lights are very bright.

I noticed recently that I have a greater tolerance to bright light than my girlfriend. I wear glasses with a film on them which helps night driving. My girlfriend went to get her eyes tested and got glasses with the same film and doesnt have a problem with bright lights anymore.

Even I drive down the M1 or M50 at night I dont use my front fogs, do you understand my point.

In addition, while I agree with your points above, I have to say, its not worth the hassle of it. You will get more worked up and someday it could turn to road rage. If you see these happening I tell yourself at least your not like that ass, and continue on driving in a responsible manner.

My biggest pev was people pulling right out infront of me at junctions, you know the case where you have to brake hard. Doesnt bother me anymore, theres more important things to worry about, although I do acknowledge that its not ideal driving conditions.

Snap !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

kluivert wrote:

That's fine, at least you are using your head and showing some consideration... thinking about what's safe for yourself and for others and I applaud you for that. Some fog lights are not offensive at all, they are not on my car, for example (doesn't mean I use them unnecessarily) but the majority of people diving Micras with fog lights that could light up croke park don't even realise, I don't think. I do appreciate that visibility with dips can vary considerably on different cars but it's just people on well lit roads who blind me that really get my back up. And your right, of course, I ought to rise above it but I'm too impatient and intolerant of ignorance in other people, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

but the majority of people diving Micras with fog lights that could light up croke park don't even realise,
    The fog lights on Micras are the only fog lights that annoy me because they are so bright and appear to be angled upwards....other than that, front fog lights never bother me at all.

And your right, of course, I ought to rise above it but I'm too impatient and intolerant of ignorance in other people, I guess.

:D Those Micra fog lights are huge, ill give you that.

Please do rise above it because its a chain effect imo, you get impatient the boy behind you gets impatient so and so on and then someone has to blow at some stage and god forbid if it leads to another road death. Your driving experience will be a more enjoyable one, if you dont let these things bother you.

Try it out on your way home from work, promise yourself you will not let it get to you. Drive safely and smartly.

If you have a car that you like and enjoy driving then you sit in comfort in it and let the other eejits on the road knock themselves out. You just be bewar, as every driver should, of others around you and anticipate their stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm not intolerant !

I just know for a fact that everyone driving slower than me is a bumbling eejit and anyone driving faster is a raving lunatic :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Excellent rant indeed, I agree with all of it. I have perfect 20:20 vision yet am always dazzled by oncoming foglights.

And now the science part :D I think it's purely that the candlepower of normal headlamps is just under the comfort factor in eyes; foglights double the candlepower, and brings the eyes over their discomfort/pain threshold.

Heard on the radio that, according to the Gardai, foglight misuse is against the law (ROTR) but is not an actionable offence - ie. cannot attract a fine or points. That's crazy. In the North, it is a "proper" offence.

I think most of the stuff in your rant boils down to peoples' lack of respect and "me first" mentality that has pervaded since the island came into money in '99 or so. I have worked in Dublin since '95 and certainly do not remember any such problems before '99. Used to be safe to ride a bicycle on the roads.

Same with the other favourite, parking in disabled spots. Just wasn't socially acceptable a couple of years ago

• Advertisement

franksm wrote:
    Heard on the radio that, according to the Gardai, foglight misuse is against the law (ROTR) but is not an actionable offence - ie. cannot attract a fine or points. That's crazy. In the North, it is a "proper" offence.

I have heard once or twice of Gardaí stopping people and telling them to turn off their fog lights - even that's a positive thing without penalising people at least they are educating people - but where would they start in this day and age, though... they would be stopping every 3 cars.

Re: attitudes, I couldn't agree more. Seems to be Manys a time I have been outside the greater Dublin area for the weekend, in the west of Ireland or down south and I've noticed the climate change dramatically on re-entry into Dublin. You can amost sense the ill feeling between drivers increase as you get closer and it's quite a dramatic shift once you're back in the thick of it. I guess that's just the population increase... People wouldn't drive so aggressively if the gap merchants and queue jumpers waited their rightful turn.

So are you going to claim down abit or have more patience now that you got it off your chest. :D

I'm going to try it on the way home today. I genuinely will. I'm compelled to understand why people do it though. I really would like to have a civilised calm conversation with these people just to try to understand where they are coming from.

Problem is it's not going to be easy since I seem to be constantly looking out for it. It's as if I'm almost secretly hoping people will infringe so I can get worked up about it. This is weird because I don't like getting worked up.

For example, I tend to position myself in the inside lane where the N11 meets the M11/M50. My reasons for this are two-fold. It's so I can allow many of the honest folk who are looking to merge (at the correct time) onto the M11 from the N11 and also to offer small 'tempter' gaps for the queue jumpers so I can close them at the last minute to pi$$ them off. I dunno - maybe I am just as bad by engaging in this nonsensical, pointless behaviour. But I'm going to start by staying out of that lane so I'm no longer tempted to be a vigilante. I'd love to be a motorcycle garda for one say because I'd sit there or on the M50 and punish people all day. I'd guess that every 50 seconds I observe someone doing something illegal or inconsiderate on the road around me.

So I'll give it a twist on the way home today. Baby steps... who knows, maybe by the New Year my heart rate will keep below 145 all the way home.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

kluivert wrote:

So you knowingly consistantly and willingfully flout the law?

Fog lights only illuminate a very short distance ahead in any event, and dazzle oncoming traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Excellent rant.

I've had this idea for a while now. Bear with me...

What we need is strategically placed snipers along the M50, at say every bridge and maybe every half mile. Their mission is to take out ANY driver who transgresses the law in ANY way. Single shot to the head or neck. This would include incorrect use of the overtaking lane, driving with fog lights on in good visibility, cars in the EasyPass lane without an EasyPass etc. Now..in order for this to be successful we would need lots of cranes also strategically placed along the M50 to remove the wreckage to the side of the road where there would be large trenches dug into where the wreckage is discarded.

Watch how driving standards would improve.

So you knowingly consistantly and willingfully flout the law?

Fog lights only illuminate a very short distance ahead in any event, and dazzle oncoming traffic.

Yes and also helps avoid fallen trees, branches, leaves, floods on roads, pots holes, road kill, helps you see the edge of the road where there is a straight 10 ft drop down either side. Am talking about small bad roads between towns, not your N2, N1 N* what ever. These are small R*** roads.

Jesus man, Henry we had this conversation before. Yes the fog lights light up about 5 feet in front of the car, but its better to have it than not. And because I agree about blinding fog lights but I have mind angled properly and check them each month when servicing the car.

Henry where are you from? Some night you get into your car and drive from Dundalk - Carrickmacross - Shercock - Cootehil - Cavan on the only roads available - the back roads. Then drive from Cavan to Dublin on the new national roads and you tell me which is safer.

If breaking the law allows me to react to a situation quicker in order to keep me safer on the roads then ill do it. As said above I dont use fog lights on main roads or in lite up areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I want to kill very single person on the N7. Because none seem to have any idea about lane discipline.
    TK

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

kluivert wrote:
    Yes and also helps avoid fallen trees, branches, leaves, floods on roads, pots holes, road kill, helps you see the edge of the road where there is a straight 10 ft drop down either side. Am talking about small bad roads between towns, not your N2, N1 N* what ever. These are small R*** roads.
    C'mon, stop acting as if you're the only person in the universe to drive on small crappy R roads will you? I, and probably many people here, do it all the time, and not once in my life have I ever felt the need to put on my fog lights in order to be able to see better under those conditions. My dipped headlights illuminate all of the road ahead of me that I need to see in order to avoid all the obstacles and dangers you name above. I have no interest in what is happening only a metre or so in front of my car .. I'm looking ahead and will have seen any obstacles long before they get that close. If you're reacting to something that you can see only when it's 5 feet in front of your car, then it's already too late I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CK.1

Queue jumping. Knowingly driving on an empty 'turn right/left only' lane skipping dozens of stationary cars then capitalising on some dozy driver who leaves a gap and cut back in.

This is not a habit of mine and annoys me when someone else does it but I hold my hands up and admit to doing it at the junction of Sundrive Road and Lower Kimmage Road a few times when I was late for something. The left lane is for turn left only. It was empty so I pretended I was turning left. When the lights went green I shot off and left everyone else behind. I think people do it out of frustration because of the dozy bastards who are never ready to go when the lights turn green. That really pisses me off and I always seem to be the one at the back of the queue who gets caught when the lights turn red all because of some dozy muppet on front of me who was asleep but still accelerates to get through when they see the amber light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CK.1

...Problem is it's not going to be easy since I seem to be constantly looking out for it. It's as if I'm almost secretly hoping people will infringe so I can get worked up about it. This is weird because I don't like getting worked up....

SNAP!!! I am like that as well, it's like I am thinking, "go on, block that yellow box, I dare you, just try it and I'm gonna blow my horn and shout so much that you will shít your pants!!"

• Advertisement

Alun wrote:
    C'mon, stop acting as if you're the only person in the universe to drive on small crappy R roads will you? I, and probably many people here, do it all the time, and not once in my life have I ever felt the need to put on my fog lights in order to be able to see better under those conditions. My dipped headlights illuminate all of the road ahead of me that I need to see in order to avoid all the obstacles and dangers you name above. I have no interest in what is happening only a metre or so in front of my car .. I'm looking ahead and will have seen any obstacles long before they get that close. If you're reacting to something that you can see only when it's 5 feet in front of your car, then it's already too late I'm afraid.

Ok Alun from this day fort I will not use my fog lights again only if its foggy, the girlfriend gets onto me everytime she s in the car so its not worth the hassle any more.

Can anyone recommend a good upgrade from standard bulbs for dipped lights.

There has been four crashes in the last three months on the Dundalk - Carrickmacross road. No other vehicles involved, this road is deadly, so far the people who have to drive this road everyday will understand how dangerous it is. I just thought better to be safer than sorry.

Another reason for the fog lights is that if someone is approaching you with brighter dipped lights than you its very hard to see the road infront of you, for some reason my dips are not showing the road infront. Any reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

kluivert wrote:
    Ok Alun from this day fort I will not use my fog lights again only if its foggy, the girlfriend gets onto me everytime she s in the car so its not worth the hassle any more.

There has been four crashes in the last three months on the Dundalk - Carrickmacross road. No other vehicles involved, this road is deadly, so far the people who have to drive this road everyday will understand how dangerous it is. I just thought better to be safer than sorry.

Another reason for the fog lights is that if someone is approaching you with brighter dipped lights than you its very hard to see the road infront of you, for some reason my dips are not showing the road infront. Any reason for this?

I'm glad you've 'seen the light', as it were :D

As far as why your dipped headlights aren't showing the road in front .. a) incorrectly aligned, b) you've got a couple of dead bodies (or more realistically, some heavy tools or such like) in the boot and haven't adjusted the headlight level regulator to compensate, c) the reflector surface is old and has oxidized and dulled, d) the bulb(s) have been put in slightly wonky (easier than you might think given some of the tortuously difficult to access headlight clusters on some cars), e) dodgy electrics including bad earthing causing the lights to be a bit dimmer than normal .. can't think of much else at the moment, but that should be enough to keep you busy :)

As a quick fix, try some of the more reputable (Osram, Philips) high efficiency bulbs like Philips Vision Plus, or Osram Silverstar. Forget the 'boy-racer' blue bulbs from Halfords and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

kluivert wrote:

Sorry man but that is bull****... the amount of light provided by 'fog' lights in normal conditions is negligible. However their annoyance factor is extremely high.

I was going to start a thread here this morning about how I used to love driving, but more and more I see it almost as a chore because it is now 100% guaranteed I will see something idiotic (I do high mileage) Take for example the tosser I met with this morning on the coast road from ringsend to the rock road. After a series of humps there is a short stretch in between two sets of lights where it is two lanes. This muppet, who was up my hole for a couple of minutes saw fit to use this as an overtaking opportunity and cut back in front of me inside me at the second junction. His haste was soon curtailed by a white van and a passat obeying the speed limit on this road. I laughed as I caught up with him again 5 seconds later. Then where you cross the DART line and merge with the rock road he didnt even look and went straight into the second lane (inner) heading to blackrock. What he failed to observe was the passat driver in front of him indicate to overtake the van and move out causing the mondeo twat to pull out into the oncoming lane. He was lucky there wasnt traffic coming in the opposite direction. He sped off up the road and once again I laughed as I passed him stuck lights at the right turn at booterstown dart station. I dont understand this rushing mentality.

When are people going to realise that you cant beat traffic in this city. Speeding up somewhere will only cause you to get stuck somewhere else, with the amount of lights there are....

I used to get annoyed a lot more, but I find myself increasingly ignoring the stupidity out there...which will never end until the proper enforcement is brought in. :rolleyes: :( Sorry for the rant.... but I despair.

Alun wrote:
    I'm glad you've 'seen the light', as it were :D

As far as why your dipped headlights aren't showing the road in front .. a) incorrectly aligned, b) you've got a couple of dead bodies (or more realistically, some heavy tools or such like) in the boot and haven't adjusted the headlight level regulator to compensate, c) the reflector surface is old and has oxidized and dulled, d) the bulb(s) have been put in slightly wonky (easier than you might think given some of the tortuously difficult to access headlight clusters on some cars), e) dodgy electrics including bad earthing causing the lights to be a bit dimmer than normal .. can't think of much else at the moment, but that should be enough to keep you busy :)

As a quick fix, try some of the more reputable (Osram, Philips) high efficiency bulbs like Philips Vision Plus, or Osram Silverstar. Forget the 'boy-racer' blue bulbs from Halfords and the like.

Thanks for the advice, am going to head to the auto factors at lunch and pick them, I have heard people mentioning Philips before so ill give them a try.

The battery has gone flat a few times in the last year. I think I might need a battery and they havent been aligned in two years so ill get that as well in the coming weeks.

Ok so am converted now. Happy Drax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Kluivert - it wasnt directed personally at you... just people trying to justify fog-lamps in normal conditions makes me laugh. Stick with your dips. They are your only man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Are you that dozy that you don't know what all the buttons do on your car or do you think your car 'looks cool' with fog lights or something? If you ARE one of those people, you're a clown. Turn them off for Jaysus sake and save them for what they were created for.
    You would be quite surprised:!:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

kluivert wrote:

Oy oy, before you go, Autoexpress did a group test on upgraded bulbs and it's worth a read.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/producttests/203966/bulb_test_h4_plus_50_per_cent.html

For the +50% bulbs, Halfords Super Brilliance (they *must* be good, with a name like that) were best. Others gave glare or improper beam patterns. Philips came second.

For +30% bulbs, Halfords Brilliance again came first. OSRAM Super came second.

You might need to register to read that, but it's well worth it.

I used to use the Halfords + bulbs and they gave an amazingly good, bright white beam, but found that they only lasted 6 months. It could be that they are just too fragile for my MX5 (popup lamps and very hard suspension), but the difference in quality is amazing.

CK.1 wrote:
    This is not a habit of mine and annoys me when someone else does it but I hold my hands up and admit to doing it at the junction of Sundrive Road and Lower Kimmage Road a few times when I was late for something. The left lane is for turn left only. It was empty so I pretended I was turning left. When the lights went green I shot off and left everyone else behind. I think people do it out of frustration because of the dozy bastards who are never ready to go when the lights turn green. That really pisses me off and I always seem to be the one at the back of the queue who gets caught when the lights turn red all because of some dozy muppet on front of me who was asleep but still accelerates to get through when they see the amber light.

Two wrongs don't make a right fella. Consider the other people in the queue who you are carving up and pushing further behind in the queue. In many other countries, the second the lights go green, people drop the handbrake and progress safely, even at the back of the queue, knowing that the person in front will do the same and everything will progress as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Personally I find when I look at the lights of oncoming traffic I get dazzled but providing the oncoming mode of transport has there lights dipped by simply looking at the edge of the road (where the pedestrians or bicycles might be) or looking straight ahead I never get dazzled. I think it comes from during daytime in good visiability you tend to look at the oncoming car to make sure you are not going to drive into it. When night falls conditions (visability) automatically change so by watching the edge of the road closley you can avoid the other car and not get blinded

Rear fogs are a nuisence as they are in your line of sight no getting around that.

What I notice is people are too keen to point out other drivers mistakes and end up getting annoyed by it whereas if you learn to drive around other peoples 'bad' driving life gets easier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Ravage

kluivert wrote:

Are you a moron!? Fog lights are for driving in heavy fog. They add slight extra visibility to the sides of the road and have a light that appears above a standard dip light.

Fog lights are for driving in foggy conditions only.!!!

I can't believe how f*cking annoying drivers are here with fog lights. If you travel to the UK you never EVER see people driving with fog lights on.

It is absurd to think that you see better, you may get better light closer to your car, but they are only good for fog driving. If you need to look so close to you car and not down the road then you need to get better driving lessons.

A good test is next time you park in front of a wall place your dipped beams on. Then place your fog lights on. You will see that your fog lights brighten up the area below your dips and ALSO ABOVE.!!!

Please please please stop using fog lights in non foggy conditions.

Because the Irish rules of the road are pathetic, here is a link to the UK Highway Code:
    http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/08.htm#94
    94: You MUST NOT
    use any lights in a way which would dazzle or cause discomfort to other road users
    use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves to avoid dazzling other road users.
    Law RVLR reg 27

In the UK can be fined for driving with them on....

****ING MORONS

Advertisement