Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Trajet

Options
  • 01-12-2006 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I have been looking at one of these recently.
    Does anybody have first-hand experience with one?
    Good points - bad points
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A friend had one. It was cheap.

Apart from that it had very little to make him happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Colleague has one. Cheap compared to the competition. Does what it says on the tin

Not a nice place to be in tbh but with a full load of screaming kids you probably won't even notice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

unkel wrote:
    Not a nice place to be in...

I was rear-ended in mine, by a Micra doing 40. I got a small bit of whiplash and 4.5k's worth of damage; his car was a complete write-off. He just bounced off me.

Dull safety Vs. style? Gimme dull safety any day.

Oh, and plenty of space for the screaming kids, too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Slow coach wrote:
    I was rear-ended in mine, by a Micra doing 40

Just as well there were no children in the 3rd row of seats :eek:

The Trajet has only a 3 star Euro NCAP safety rating. Most modern large MPVs now have 4 or 5 stars...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They make loads of sense second hand, but don't buy a new one. there's an entirely new model using the fantastic VGT CRDI 2.2 engine. It'll have sliding rear doors too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

A friend has one. He calls it the "Tragedy"

Enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

unkel wrote:
    Just as well there were no children in the 3rd row of seats :eek:

The Micra never got close to the third row. A big impact, for sure, but no real damage to the interior.

As for the NCAP, I fail to see how I would have come off better. That's really all that concerns me in a collision.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Slow coach wrote:
    The Micra never got close to the third row. A big impact, for sure, but no real damage to the interior.

As for the NCAP, I fail to see how I would have come off better. That's really all that concerns me in a collision.

A big vehicle will nearly always do better in a two car crash with a small vehicle due to the forces of momentum. However in a single car accident when the large vehicle hits an immovable accident engineering and safety equipment become more important.

Advertisement