Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Month ban on adverts causing problems on boards

Options
  • 01-12-2006 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I already PM'd CuLT on this, but I haven't had a reply. Since I suspect CuLT gets lots of PM's, I thought I'd post this here too.

The story here is that I was banned for a month on adverts. CuLT accidentally banned me from boards and not from adverts, which he later rectified.

However, I've since come across two pages on boards where I'm getting a banned message and cannot access - despite being able to view and post on any other page (that I've access so far).

Can CuLT or anyone else please address this for me, as it's unfairly negatively
    impacting on my legitimate use of boards (which I subscribe to btw) ?

Pages and the banned messages I'm getting below.

Thanks in advance

The "List Subscriptions" page
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subsc...ewsubscription

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Breach of General Rule 8. One month ban.

Date the ban will be lifted: 21-12-2006, 13:00"

The Detect.ie Quiz
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newthread.php?do=form

You have been banned for the following reason:

Date the ban will be lifted: 21-12-2006, 13:00

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ok, try it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

thanks for trying to help, but it's now actually worse (see the date below on the error I now get) lmao !!!

None

Date the ban will be lifted: 01-01-2007, 11:00

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

And again?

Again, the reason and date have changed but I still have issues on those two pages. See below.

*edit*. I'd be happy to give my login to an Admin if this helps fix the issue.

Thanks for your efforts.

Date the ban will be lifted: 15-12-2006, 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I've completely unbanned you, do the first two links not work still?

• Advertisement

Hi. They both work now thanks. Maybe try re-instating my adverts.ie ban for a month from last Tuesday and see if all works as it should (clearly the ban should be in place - even I admit that :D )?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you get the same error message now that I have banned you from Adverts, but here goes..

Yeah - unfortunatly you are right on that :(

Any suggestions as to how to remedy this ? Clearly my adverts ban should stand, but not at the expense of a limitation of my boards functionality - esp as I'm a subscriber.

Sorry for the trouble !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

How about we get him to sign in his own blood that he does not enter that part of the site for a month and we just unban him?

Beruthiel wrote:
    How about we get him to sign in his own blood that he does not enter that part of the site for a month and we just unban him?

I'd be willing to do that, and can promise to keep my part of the bargain. Was actually going to suggest this but thought I might be laughed out of town. Question - I assume this would just mean no posting, as opposed to no viewing ?

• Advertisement

Oh
    you thought I was serious!?
    LMAO!!ROFL!!LOLLERS!!!! :D:D:D

Please forgive my childishness m stan, I'm in a friday mood and hungover today.
    *cough*

Back to being an smod....
    Yes, in fact that decision would have to be up to our darling CuLT as he is the one to have banned you in the first place.

Might I suggest you drop him a PM directing him to this thread and see what he thinks to the idea...

This is something which would require admin intervention to sort out...

seamus wrote:
    This is something which would require admin intervention to sort out...

How come it's only happening to him and not others?

Beruthiel wrote:
    Oh
    you thought I was serious!?
    LMAO!!ROFL!!LOLLERS!!!! :D:D:D

Please forgive my childishness m stan, I'm in a friday mood and hungover today.
    *cough*

Back to being an smod....
    Yes, in fact that decision would have to be up to our darling CuLT as he is the one to have banned you in the first place.

Might I suggest you drop him a PM directing him to this thread and see what he thinks to the idea...

lol - ok call me naive ! :eek: For the lack of any other solution, it seemed like a reasonable idea. It could be easily checked after the month, and an agreement could be put in place to extend the ban to both sites in the event of me failing to keep my word. Oh the naivity of it all :))

On a more serious note, does this effect all users who get adverts bans but not boards bans ? That wouldn't be a good thing and would be something that should be fixed.

I'll PM the CuLT one and see what he says about all this malarky.

Thanks all sincerely for your efforts to try to resolve this.

Beruthiel wrote:
    How come it's only happening to him and not others?
    Maybe it is :)

Adverts bans aren't that common, so maybe it's just no been reported before.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I've forwarded this to Cloud.

All - fyi - I PM'd CuLT on this as suggested and he confirmed there was nothing technically that could be done to resolve this for me. I suggested the idea that Beruthiel came with (yes, that silly naive one I went for) and CuLT was happy for this to be a solution to my problem.

So, with his agreement I have now been unbanned from Adverts with the understanding that I do not post there until December 14th. I have agreed to this and though we didn't agree a penalty for me failing to keep my word, I will accept whatever penalty is felt necessary (it won't come to that).

CuLT can confirm this with anyone who needs to see his confirmation.

So, this is now resolved from my perspective. It would be good if Cloud could look into how this might be fixed for future people who get banned.

In the meantime, thanks all for your help and understanding.

-The banned (but not banned) one.
    -m_stan

The system works!

Advertisement