Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband in Navan?

Options
  • 01-12-2006 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm just checking for a work colleague who lives in Navan. Is anybody out there familiar with which Wireless Broadband options are available in the Balreask Village area of Navan? I've been in contact with Digiweb and they are in the process of rolling out Metro in Navan, but it looks like it wont be live until early January.

He's ideally looking for a wireless system in the house and from other posts I see that Digiweb don't provide and I assume don't install the internal router? This isn't a big issue though as he can organise the router himself.

He wants to get rid of his Eircom phone line so Digiweb would seem to be the best option at the moment, but if there were alternatives even better?

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You're better of getting your own Ethernet WAN --> WiFi+Ethernnet router than some budget model like some of the ones with built in ASDL.

If it has builtin ADSL it won't work (On Cable, Metro, Breeze, Ripwave, Digiweb Wireless etc). Make sure is an ethernet WAN model. The ethernet WAN kind even work with any existing ADSL modem or router (If with an ADSL router, put the ADSL box in bridge mode).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭FakePlasticMan

Thanks for the tip Watty. I'll make sure and tell him that as soon as he decides which provider he's gonna go with. Mind you..I don't think he's going to have a whole lot of choice in Navan.

Advertisement