Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas day lunch/dinner at a restaurant/hotel

Options
  • 01-12-2006 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

Anyone know somewhere that may still have spaces for Christmas day lunch or dinner (for less than 50/60 quid each) within the city or an hour's drive? Heading off to Glasgow on the 27th for a wee break so we don't have the cash to stay over anywhere, so it has to be a non-resident thing.

I really want to go out because otherwise I'm cooking - and, I'd end up staying in my pyjamas all day...

Mods, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, move it as you wish if required :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

elven wrote:
    ..I'd end up staying in my pyjamas all day...

Even if you do go out, you should stay in your PJ's anyway. Be one of the Pyjama People for a day..

Seriously though, you'll probably need to start ringing places to find out. I've never eaten out at Christmas, but I imagine most people would stay home?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Regency are advertising one for 71 for adults, 36 for kids. I know it's outside your budget, but if they are doing it, others must be too.
    http://www.regencyhotels.com/hotels/content.asp~PageID=405

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Open the Golden Pages hotel section and start ringing around. When I had to arrange Christmas dinner in a hotel at short notice a few years back, I remember being told by most places that they were booked out months earlier. We ended up in the Fitzwilliam Hotel - food & service was fine, but there really wasn't much atmosphere.

Advertisement