Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in North County Dublin are you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hill Billy wrote: »
    The Hills & The Alps. :)

Would you not like a change of scenery:D

Yis all know from following threads Im from Rush, born and bread. Welcome to all the new people to this part of the country. It really does have something for everyone.

I can only imagine it must be hard on some people to have to move away from their home. I often think I would like to live in Italy but after the heat there this year Im not so sure. I was never so happy to break through the clouds and see the grey soil and around NCD. Heaven when the plane door opened and a good whiff of Irish air.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kickstart

A Rush lady myself!

Kickstart wrote: »
    A Rush lady myself!

A very nice Rush lady!!! Good to meet you and put face to a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Looks like I'll be buying a house in Balbriggan so yay!

So we will have some decent photos posted in our picture thread????? Welcome to NCD, Great choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

balbriggan is alright......... its no rush though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I can vouch for this Kintaro fella, he ain't too shabby :D
    Will you and Mrs KH join for drinkies to settle into Balbriggan??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

LeoB wrote: »
    So we will have some decent photos posted in our picture thread????? Welcome to NCD, Great choice

hehe Well I hope so. sNarah is quite the photographer so I hope she's been contributing loads from NCD!
    sNarah wrote: »
    I can vouch for this Kintaro fella, he ain't too shabby :D
    Will you and Mrs KH join for drinkies to settle into Balbriggan??

Aw shucks...... of course we'll be joining any drinkies
    > silly question really! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I've been living in Bremore Castle, Balbriggan for just over 6 years now. Where does the time go? Originally I'm from Kimmage and the parents now live in Killester.

I love Balbriggan and everything that is around it especially for walks and photography. You may see me around the town or beach walking my giant breed dog. He's a white pyrenean mountain dog and if you do see us, say hello. He's very friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ivy Kickajones

A Swords man me. Does anyone remember the Forest rd. before Rivervalley? Or the Rathbeale Rd before Glassmore, Rathbeale Estate or before JC's when there was only a cottage behind the big hedge? The late Barney Lawless used to own a farm where Glen Ellan is now. Does anyone remember Pat and Sadie O Toole that owned the pub where the Lord Mayor's is now? The place has grown so big that it is losing or has lost it's identity as a town and has become just a suburb of Dublin. The only thing that divides Swords and Malahide now is the M1 motorway. There's nothing like a bit of nostalga.

Swords Forever! My Dad used to drop into O'Tooles on the way home from mass, buy us red lemonade and crisps and leave us outside having a little party while he had a pint....long, long time ago. We lived in Rathingle, at the top of the Forest Road, it felt like miles and miles away from the town. That was before Rivervalley had been dreamed up and was just a big stretch of green fields overlooking the Jacko.
    Speaking of JC, it's hard to think of Swords without him, RIP.

• Advertisement

How far past River valley is Rathingle? Is it a townland? I remember a lad from school from up there. Paddy Moran I think. He used to have pidgeons that was late 70s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ivy Kickajones

How far past River valley is Rathingle? Is it a townland? I remember a lad from school from up there. Paddy Moran I think. He used to have pidgeons that was late 70s

On the Forest Road, it's the next right turn after the turn for Cherry Park. Actually the full address for Cherry Park is Rathingle, Swords. But what I think of as Rathingle is that little row of houses which looks like it hasn't changed at all since I grew up there. The old pump my mother used to get drinking water from (we had no running water then!) is still at the side of the Forest Road. We left it in about '66 or '67 I think. I remember a girl with the surname Moran alright. She might have been a sister of the guy you mention.

Does anyone remember Crilly's Hill and Soldier Longs???? Also on the Forest Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Kinsaley (I'll use the old spelling to distinguish between the two!) for 20 years, Naul before that! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭poochierockz

Balbriggan in a week!!!!! yaaaahooooooooooo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CanuckAbroad

Hi:
    I'm originally from Canada but have been living in England for the past 12 years. I'm moving to Ireland sometime this month and am currently trying to decide where in Dublin County North I should move to - I'm leaning toward Skerries right now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@ poochierockz - I hope the move goes/went well.

@ CanuckAbroad - Best of luck with your move. I hope that you get to enjoy DCN. I can personally highly recommend Skerries as I've spent most of my life there. Great spot. Use the Forum Search function to check out relevant threads.

Hi:
    I'm originally from Canada but have been living in England for the past 12 years. I'm moving to Ireland sometime this month and am currently trying to decide where in Dublin County North I should move to - I'm leaning toward Skerries right now. :)

Welcome to N.C.D. Dont really know a bad spot in the N.C.D area. I am from Rush, 3 miles up the road from Skerries. All the villages and towns have stuff going for them. Good luck with the move to you and poochierockz

I think Rush is a town on the up and well worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

ballymun Dublin 9

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Malahide here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

originally from Navan Road (right beside the cabra gate of the pheonix Park) Came out to visit my then girlfriends sister in Balbriggan and one day ended up buying a house in Balrothery. A great place.

(its just those weirdo's up in Milverton that bring the tone down)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Welcome to N.C.D. Dont really know a bad spot in the N.C.D area. I am from Rush, 3 miles up the road from Skerries. All the villages and towns have stuff going for them.

Have to say I completely agree. Everywhere in NCD has at least a number of good things going for them. A lot of excellent sporting facilities often in quirky places. An astounding amount of historical buildings. Great parks and scenery and generally a good community feels.
    I'm in Balrothery myself but would happily live pretty much anywhere in the locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Dirty Rush.

Dirty Rush.

Rush, jeasus you would swear we lived in a Tip. Its not that bad and thanks to a few good people it has improved considerly over the last few years.

Well perhaps when Kickstart comes on looking for help you might spare an hour and help the tidy towns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Dirty Rush.

I wouldn't say dirty, just alot of bad planning and neglected property investments that give that impression. There is the odd litter black spot near the takeaways but that has improved, dog fouling and rubbish from Knacker drinking which down in the harbour area I noticed they like to set fire to, seem to be the beauty spot problems.

Please don't feed the trolls.

Thanks,

HB

Move along now. Nothing to see here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Please don't feed the trolls.

Thanks,

HB

Move along now. Nothing to see here...

:pac:
    Corsendonk wrote: »
    I wouldn't say dirty, just alot of bad planning and neglected property investments that give that impression. There is the odd litter black spot near the takeaways but that has improved, dog fouling and rubbish from Knacker drinking which down in the harbour area I noticed they like to set fire to, seem to be the beauty spot problems.

Ya what? I honestly cant remember anything being set on fire down this end of Rush in a long time. Even the knacker drinking has subsided, substantially!

Lads - I've put up a light-hearted warning already. Next off-topic poster get's a wee holiday.

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LittleFoot1

Living in the swords area :)

Welcome! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Also in Swords :)

Advertisement