Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fashion Icon

• 01-12-2006 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Who are your fashion icons - whose style do you really admire? For me its Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan, rachel Bilson & kate Moss they always look great and Id love to raid their wardrobes!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Who are your fashion icons - whose style do you really admire? For me its Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan, rachel Bilson & kate Moss they always look great and Id love to raid their wardrobes!!
    Rachel Zowe is the stylist for the first 3 from your list... check out her style its amazing!

I don't really have a style icon as such but I admire Donnatella Versace, Kate Moss, Fearne Cotton and Jade Jagger to name but a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Personally, I don't approve of Nichole Ritchie et al - they are unhealthily thin and their sense of style is rather bland, anyway. I'd be more inspired by real-world people who manage to look good on a normal budget and without an army of stylists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭postgrad

Nicole Kidman, and classics like Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly... Much of what they wore was timeless and chic...epitome of elegance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

Sienna Miller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

James Bond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Noel Fielding!!!!!!!!!!!! He's amazing.

biko wrote:
    James Bond

All of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Audrey Hepburn or my mum who was my dads muse (he was a fashion designer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Brendan Kilkenny, has managed to capture the 80's style and keep it fresh, the haircut alone is an undertstated classic.

• Advertisement

Sizzler wrote:
    Brendan Kilkenny, has managed to capture the 80's style and keep it fresh, the haircut alone is an undertstated classic.

Got pix? Sounds interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Starsky and Hutch :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Ashley Olsen

Sizzler wrote:

No, no, oh god no. You poor misguided child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

A homeless man I see in town sometimes.

cotwold wrote:
    No, no, oh god no. You poor misguided child.

WTF?

astonishing :)

Sizzler wrote:
    WTF?

Brendan Kilkenny combines everything that was bad from the 80's, he cant even pull it off in some ironic sense and just looks like i washed up dinosaur check out Noel Fielding!! Now thats someone who can do retro.

cotwold wrote:
    Brendan Kilkenny combines everything that was bad from the 80's, he cant even pull it off in some ironic sense and just looks like i washed up dinosaur check out Noel Fielding!! Now thats someone who can do retro.
    The gruaige is a classic cut no?

An bhfuil aon pictuir of Noel Fiedling?

• Advertisement

Sizzler wrote:
    The gruaige is a classic cut no?

An bhfuil aon pictuir of Noel Fiedling?

noel-fielding.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

goldie

simu wrote:
    noel-fielding.jpg

He's trying too hard :o

Brendan is more of a classic look for that generation. Fielding looks like he was styled where as BK has a more 'off the peg' style about him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Kate Moss and Rachel bilson for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

A homeless man I see in town sometimes.

:rolleyes: hmm?that could probably be me!:D

noel1pb.jpg
    200511251214120.jpg
    Ok, BK certainly has an "off the peg" look, but who wants to look like old laundry when you can look like this.^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I'd have to say Jessica Alba and Rachel Bilson always look so classy at awards and have really cool casual style too.

Fotos%20Promo%20(Rachel%20Bilson).JPG

Rachel-Bilson.jpg

Jessica%20Alba.jpg

Jessica_Alba_001_040306.jpg

Yeah, definately Dita Von Teese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah Dita von Teese has a lovely style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Steve McQueen, Stuart Townsend and Yves Saint Laurent ("fashion fades, style is eternal").
    Brendan Kilkenny and Noel Fielding are amateur eighties fetishists compared to Stuart Price (Les Rythmes Digitales, Thin White Duke, Jacques Lu Cont etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Noel Redding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Scraggs wrote:
    Rachel Zowe is the stylist for the first 3 from your list... check out her style its amazing!

did not kno wthat - will def check her out thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

tbh

Lily Allen

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Lily Allen

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Um, none!? I don't know.
    People that wear black. I'll go with Johnny Cash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

There are no male fashion icons, these days male fashion is all about blending in and looking like any other man.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I look around this student filled library, hmm, nobody is wearing anyhting like me.
    Must. Look. Like. Them. Urge. Overwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

What are you wearing that is unique and trend setting? That isn't just a different cut of a shirt of a different picture on a t-shirt.

Something like...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/fun_stuff/lists/images/men203.jpg

So, expalin different fashion trends in womens clothes and why men don't have the same. I see several different 'styles' around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Mischa Barton for daytime wear.She always looks great.

Victoria Becham for evening wear. Her outfits are just amazing and she always looks really well despite what people say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shmess

Kate moss... Nicole Ritchie... The Olsen's (i dig homeless chic hehe)... Gwen Stefani... Chloe Sevigney... Rosario Dawson... Mischa Barton... Rachel Zoe... Sienna Miller!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I like anyone with individual style!

Peaches Geldof looks well most of the time,Kelly Osbourne,Lindsay Lohan,Lily Allen.
    People like that who experiement with colour and styles.
    Gwen Stefani and Harajuku clothes are cool as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 miamigal

Mischa Barton, and I never thought I'd say this but the Olsen twins are looking pretty good lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Well i dont mean to brag but ive set more than a few fashion trends myself.I made black and navy look cool together!:D I ust prefer certain designer clothes more than others.Ralph Lauren is prob my favourite.Abercrombie stuff is ok but its just getting way too common now.Pepe London jeans are pretty cool 2.G-star jeans are kick ass 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Advertisement