Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for Work re Eastern European thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Offtopic :
    Isn't there some 'Law' which states that every post correcting a spelling or grammatical error will itself contain a spelling or grammatical error?

But hey, knock yourselves out.

Ontopic:
    I would agree with the mod's decision. However, had I been in BossArky's position, the first thing I would have asked is why the OP was only interested in Eastern Europeans to fill his positions, and not EU citizens from outside Ireland. Why would - for example - a Spanish or Italian horticulturist not be acceptable or sought?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

CiaranC wrote:
    Ibid wrote:
    Your to cruel man, to cruel.
    Thats too cruel.
    BossArky wrote:
    That joke went way over your head, didn't it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

humanji wrote:
    Eh, it was a statement, not a question. Will that do? Hey wait a minute, are you a mod of literature or a mod in literature?

I could answer that apparent question. However I'm now rather confused as to whether it actually was a statement or a question. Your preceding post demonstrates a flagrant disregard for the question mark :eek:

To clear up this whole debacle let me state that I am actually more of a rocker than mod.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

BossArky wrote:
    To clear up this whole debacle let me state that I am actually more of a rocker than mod.
    *groan*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

CuLT wrote:
    Look pal, you've more grammatical errors in your first sentence than I have in my last 2000 posts. It was a joke.

While you are not required to get jokes, it helps to have a modicum of wit before mashing the reply button in retaliation to percieved injustice.
    I've read your posts and that is a lie!

It seems that we have some fresh faces for Spell Czechs. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ibid wrote:
    Why, yes. Yes it did.

/hangs head

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It seems that we have some fresh faces for Spell Czechs.
    I initially read in a second "e" into faces. Yucky.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well, we need some fresh... too.
    I'm getting tired of that particular moderating doodee; are you not also?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I take it slightly more seriously than you and I'm not so quick to pooh-pooh it. I will admit it needs something more to set it afloat again.

Ah, yes you do, do you not?
    Then again, you probably enjoy the menial tasks more, as you've always been number two.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Seriously, guys: cut the crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

oscarBravo wrote:
    Seriously, guys: cut the crap.

Semi-colon no? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I think in this case the colon is correct as it is introducing a new concept into a sentence. A semi-colon should never be used to introduce a new concept; it is best used as a super-comma or a tool to avoid the comma splice.

I think in this case the colon is correct as it is introducing a new concept into a sentence. A semi-colon should never be used to introduce a new concept; it is best used as a super-comma or a tool to avoid the comma splice.

A semi-colon can be used to link two independent sentences together where a full stop would be too abrupt or create ambiguity. By using a semi-colon we have the meaning from the first sentence 'carry-on' into the second and thus reduce the ambiguity of the second. So yeah I think it's ok to introduce a new concept...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Jesus; I am totally lost.

I had followed the conversation up until the introducation of a "semi-colon". What the hell is that?

Akin to a semicolon in much the same way as a muppet is akin to a puppet?

Afaik you can use semi-colon? Following the usual convention for semi-X.

I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I have but one defence: look at the time on the posts, would you?

Allways read the small-print. Terms and conditions apply.

Back on topic .... Can someone now lift the ban keeping me out of the work fourm? It has been a week. No response to my PM to the mod who put me out in the cold in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Allways read the small-print. Terms and conditions apply.

One "l" in always ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

BossArky wrote:
    No response to my PM to the mod who put me out in the cold in the first place.

When did you send the PM? I've unbanned you anyway.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Advertisement