Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning - further info

Options
  • 01-12-2006 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I have full PP on a site(on part of a 1.3acre wooded field) but I had to reapply because I decided on a different house design and it would not fit on the site that was already mapped out of the 1.3 acres. We own the whole field.

Long story short.....they have asked for further info on the new application:1.to conduct a tree survey 2. to lower my neighbours front wall for sightline purposes.

Neither of these things were raised as issues on the first application(which I could still build). I'm a bit pissed of with all this potential extra expense being dumped on me by the council.

Can I do anything about this? Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Don't think there is a whole lot that you can here to be honest. I'd imagine the two applications are treated as different entities by the planning authority.

I can fully understand your annoyance given that these criteria were not conditional on the first grant of planning. Having to ask your neighbour to do anything with their own property is obviously hassle.

How long ago was it that the initial planning was granted as it's possible that the policies of the local authority have changed since then..

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

paulocon wrote:
    How long ago was it that the initial planning was granted as it's possible that the policies of the local authority have changed since then..

Applications were about 3 years apart under the same county development plan on the exact same piece of land using the exact same exit onto the road:eek:

Raging:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

When you send in your 5 copies of plans they go to all different depts one being roads.The roads depts look at the sight line and deem is there enough of a sight line so you can leave the house safely. I know this as I was refused planning before on sight line.
    They are very sticky on this as if down the road somebody, god forbid, gets hurt coming out of the drive will it fall back on them? thats what they are worried about. Can you ask your neighbour to remove trees etc to improve sight line?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The sightline requirment is proportional to the speed limit.
    From a point 4.5m, back from the road, you need to be able to see a set distance along the road, ranges from 60m to 200m+. Depends on speed limit. Applies to all roads not just property exits.
    This is standard, BUT I know from a conversation I had with the roads dept in south dublin less than a month ago that they are willing to accept 2.4m back from the road as the sight line in certain cases. Where you can demonstrate that level of traffic is low, ie private property.
    Arrange a meeting with the roads dept to discuss this as if they allow 2.4m it will reduce work to neighbours property, and could even get by with out needing it.

Thanks for replies/info.

I suppose the thing that I am irritated by is that I have full planning permission for a house using exactly the same exit onto the road with no issues with sightlines. The inconsistency is ............ awe inspiring:eek: :eek:

Same goes for the tree survey. Anyone know how much a tree survey will cost and who does them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Hi Naux,

I was reading the official leaflet on planning permission on the department's website and the section about Conditions on Planning stated something to the effect that if you had more than one planning application granted for a site, you couldn't pick and choose the conditions... It's pretty badly worded but seemed to be along the lines that conditions on one planning application would apply to another application on the same site.

I'll try and fig out the link to the leaflet online..

paulocon wrote:
    Hi Naux,

I was reading the official leaflet on planning permission on the department's website and the section about Conditions on Planning stated something to the effect that if you had more than one planning application granted for a site, you couldn't pick and choose the conditions... It's pretty badly worded but seemed to be along the lines that conditions on one planning application would apply to another application on the same site.

I'll try and fig out the link to the leaflet online..

Interesting..............I'll have a look for it too. If you get a link please post it.

Tks paulocon

Advertisement