Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Gear

• 01-12-2006 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for feedback on good winter running gear and where it can be bought.

At the moment I have one Craft wind & shower proof, climate control, air conditioning, etc, etc, suit but it's a pain having to wash it 2 or 3 times a week. I got this at the expo before the Dublin marathon from an England based company who's name I've lost. It's a good running suit though.

I've seen some ok Asics jackets in Elverys and some ok Adidas jackets in Arnotts but nothing with top and bottom included. Anybody know any good shops or websites for running gear?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

I usually layer up instead of wearing sweating rain tops and leggings, just can't run in rain tops and particularly rain leggings.

The newer Helly Hansen underlayer top is brilliant (available in Great Outdoors), I'd usually wear the standard Asics/Nike long sleeve tops over these or if not raining an ordinary tee shirt, and even on the early morning runs they are nice and toasty. As for the wet, as long as you are getting to a shower very quickly, this does for me. Underneath I always wear tights or even if not too chilly, shorts. Depends on what kind of running you are doing, but for long runs where you won't be waiting around between sets, I always use the Helly Hansen and leave the raingear at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

For my base layer I wear various Nike Pro tight tops with a long sleeved top over it (a Nike Sphere thing I found in the Nike area in Champion Sports on Grafton St).
    I've also been wearing a long sleeved McDavid top. It's thicker than the Nike Pro tops.
    I top this off with a windproof cycling gilet. This is super light. The windproof front really takes the edge off the wind chill.

It's not quite cold enough for me to wear my tights, but I will probably soon be wearing them under my shorts.

Advertisement