Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade gone bad.

Options
  • 01-12-2006 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭

Hi guys;

I tried to upgrade my computer with a new mobo last night and now I get absolutely nothing.

When I press the power switch, the machine simply does not respond at all in any way.

I'm reasonably sure the new board (an MSI K8N Neo4-F) is DOA. But I'd like to rule out any other possibilities before I put my old board back in. Like if another piece of hardware could have been damaged during the change.

The computer (which I built myself back in April) specs are in my signature, there are 2 changes.

1: The board is now MSI K8N Neo4-F
    2: Replaced the stock HSF on the processor with Thermaltake Big Typhoon.

Thanks in advance for any help :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

You connected the power button to the correct pins on the mobo right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

yeah, I wired everything up perfectly. Did everything I could think of. In any case, I put back the old board, and everythings working perfectly again :)

RMA time for the new board methinks.

Advertisement