Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free postage with Amazon.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

yay, order just shipped :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Amazon.de have a flat rate of 6euro at the moment to Ireland for books and similar. It's often worth a look for cheapies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Ok it worked,ordered a few books at priorty delivery,if it comes quickly i know i'd end up spending a fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

thanks for this...got a few xmas pressies with this, got the fastest shipping, came up as 92gbp!!! but with the free shipping code it was nothing!

Sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

sarahn11 wrote:
    thanks for this...got a few xmas pressies with this, got the fastest shipping, came up as 92gbp!!! but with the free shipping code it was nothing!

Sweet!

hahahaha - you got to love it.

Hope you all enjoyed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nice spot just fired an order in as well!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Many thanks to the OP (admiralgar over in freebies, I think?) for this one.

I placed an order with Amazon.co.uk late last Friday, got the dispatch email on Sunday evening, and the delivery arrived today. I ordered the Hellmann's book and used the discount code. I also ordered a DVD boxset and a couple of books.

I wasn't charged for the Hellmann's book or for the postage. I saved £5.99 on the Hellmann's book and £7.35+VAT on postage. Altogether I saved about €22, but it's the free postage that makes it really worthwhile.

The Hellmann's book is grand. I don't think I'd want to pay £5.99 for it, but if it's free I'll take it.

Interestingly, I just had a go on the Amazon.co.uk site using the same account and the same card for payment and, although I didn't actually place another order, it let me go right through the whole process again (the Hellmann's book, the discount code, ordering some other stuff, etc.) and they applied the same discount. So it looks as if you can do this more than once.

BTW the link to the Hellmann's book is
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904573576/ref=amb_link_34944265_17203-5870257-9481541
    and if you're having trouble finding it, search for the ISBN 1904573576.
    The discount code is HELLMANAMZN2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

boylan1000 wrote:
    can you use this with priority shipping
    Ya you can you save a load like £20 my hellman's books arriving tomorrow, I'm sorry i didn't order more even though amazon is not my thing.

OFDM wrote:
    Damn WEEE strikes again - can the government screw us any more? Actually they could - by forming a coalition with the Green Party...

I can see Amazon's point - imagine the furore when some boardsie buys a dvd player and expects amazon to take back the old one (I know my rights....) - they don't need that potential hassle.

Edit: great offer - saved £22 today by choosing priority express for the first time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Many thanks to the OP (admiralgar over in freebies, I think?) for this one.

I placed an order with Amazon.co.uk late last Friday, got the dispatch email on Sunday evening, and the delivery arrived today. I ordered the Hellmann's book and used the discount code. I also ordered a DVD boxset and a couple of books.

I wasn't charged for the Hellmann's book or for the postage. I saved £5.99 on the Hellmann's book and £7.35+VAT on postage. Altogether I saved about €22, but it's the free postage that makes it really worthwhile.

The Hellmann's book is grand. I don't think I'd want to pay £5.99 for it, but if it's free I'll take it.

Interestingly, I just had a go on the Amazon.co.uk site using the same account and the same card for payment and, although I didn't actually place another order, it let me go right through the whole process again (the Hellmann's book, the discount code, ordering some other stuff, etc.) and they applied the same discount. So it looks as if you can do this more than once.

BTW the link to the Hellmann's book is
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904573576/ref=amb_link_34944265_17203-5870257-9481541
    and if you're having trouble finding it, search for the ISBN 1904573576.
    The discount code is HELLMANAMZN2

yeah it was me who originally posted over in freebies, bow before me;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

OFDM wrote:
    Damn WEEE strikes again - can the government screw us any more? Actually they could - by forming a coalition with the Green Party...

The WEE charge is an EU directive, nothing to do with our government.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think the UK are introducing the WEEE directive some time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

alan4cult wrote:
    Ya you can you save a load like £20 my hellman's books arriving tomorrow, I'm sorry i didn't order more even though amazon is not my thing.

20 pound, Ha try 220 pound sterling on 11 books worth 60 pound. Express delivery in 2 dispatches due to availablity. Just had to register to thank ye.
    A great forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Fantastic, thanks for this! Been avoiding Amazon like the plague since I discovered the joys of Play, Sendit etc. Have bought most Christmas presents already but there was a big massive hardback book about Versailles that I always wanted to buy but knew the postage was ridiculous. Not anymore. Happy Christmas to me. :D

Ordered some books yesterday - got the first of them today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭dubmick

has any tried to do this twice?

btw the sandwich book is very good!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

works as often as you want but you WILL get 1 sangwich book per order :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭dubmick

great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Yup, great offer to be sure.

Just ordered 8 books in 2 separate orders (had to go back for more :D ), saved nearly £60 on shipping!

Oh well I guess the Hellmans book will come in handy for making the turkey sandwiches after Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

does this still work?

Im going to try and get something tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well done, just ordered the book along with a DVD, express delivery and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭jack24

Cheers for that, great steer, ordered loads of books and saved £179 priority delivery charges!!!! Great spot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

parsi wrote:
    I can see Amazon's point - imagine the furore when some boardsie buys a dvd player and expects amazon to take back the old one (I know my rights....) - they don't need that potential hassle.

Edit: great offer - saved £22 today by choosing priority express for the first time..
    WEEE is going to kill online sales of electrical/electronic goods Europe-wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I've clocked up around €250 in postage (more than the value of the items purchased) on two orders. Cheers to the OP!

Suprised that Amazon can swallow the overhead, but not complaining.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

alastair wrote:
    I've clocked up around €250 in postage (more than the value of the items purchased) on two orders. Cheers to the OP!

Suprised that Amazon can swallow the overhead, but not complaining.
    250 euro in postage?????? Did I read that right? What were you ordering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

250 euro in postage?????? Did I read that right? What were you ordering?

Mostly books - some of the heavier variety, but also a couple of dvd boxsets. The second order has a £204 postage and packing charge on it - presumably the express rate is the cause of the silly money?

Edit - that's £ sterling, not euro, so well over €250!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Recipe books have sold out! Shouldn't effect postage of other items though.....I assume if you pre-order, they'll send your other item(s) postage-free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Is this still working or am I doing something wrong?

Items: £31.26
    Postage & Packing: £9.33
    Hellmanns: -£5.99
    Free Shipping: -£0.99

Total before VAT: £33.61
    VAT: £2.64
    Order Total: £36.25

:(

EDIT: Yeah - looks like its gone according to the MSE crowd!! Feckit! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭wba88

Cool, thanx OP might need to use this soon!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Doodlebug wrote:
    Yeah - looks like its gone according to the MSE crowd!! Feckit! :rolleyes:

Well it took Amazon long enough to notice all the same.

Advertisement