Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem Weekend fixtures (with scores etc)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Stekelly wrote:
    Jenas have too be two of the most on/off players ever. They either turn up and are great or they may as well be in the stand. Theres no middle ground with either.

Jenas a touch Andy Goram so?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jenas a touch Andy Goram so?

;)

:D

fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Stekelly wrote:
    :D

fixed.

<wonders what you actually fixed :) >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Great result for 'Pool helped by Villa/Pompey draw and win for Reading.

However its not all plaudits, Hyypia has to be put out to grass, he is a liability. I'd sooner see Aggar at CB with Paletta LB and Riise LW if thats what it takes (other options can be played of course).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Stekelly wrote:
    Jenas and keane have to be two of the most on/off players ever. They either turn up and are great or they may as well be in the stand. Theres no middle ground with either.
    Strange decision by Jol to play Keane instead of Defoe after the last match, especially when he's always saying Keane is a home ground player. I think Keane scored in his last 2 games against Arsenal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Bellamy was called onside half a dozen times today when he wasn't actually off... no wonder he was so frustrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Atta boy Taylor, rack up those fantasy footy points. Anoyed i made a last min switch from Doyle to Lennon as my Capt! I bet Doyle will score midweek as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

United 1-0

Saha penalty - 19 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Seems Ronaldo dived for the pen. Can anyone clarify this?

• Advertisement

Ronaldo diving for Portugal again.

Mike.

besty wrote:
    Seems Ronaldo dived for the pen. Can anyone clarify this?

Yeah, he was 1v1 with the keeper and the keeper slid out, Ronaldo jumped over him then stumbled to the ground. It did look like a peno at normal speed so can't fault the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

a "fall" more than a dive, that gravity can be a bugger when it wants to be!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Keeper came out to get Ronaldo but yeah it was a dive. Not as bad as when he ran into Boetangs legs 5 mins later. Should have got a booking. Ive defended this guy on here and in the pub on manys an occasion. His vision and overall team play may have improved, but it pisses me off when he dives like that. Its hard to spot too he's that quick and skillful (for want of a better word) at it. 100% Cheat, especially today

I'm watching it on Star sports with Tvants but there is no commentary. Anyone else the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

www.olgahorvat.com/Ballerina%20SC1.JPG

Classic Ronaldo in action.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

2-1 Fletcher. Get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

RasTa wrote:
    I'm watching it on Star sports with Tvants but there is no commentary. Anyone else the same?
    There is Spanish commentary on Giraldillo TV via SOPCast.

Fletcher you beauty!

Let's get a 3rd and kill this bogey team off!

Middlesborough 1-2 United

Didnt see the game, dont care either, 3 points is 3 points, especially away from home..

FT. United 6 points clear now! Let's have another win against City and make it 9 point gap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

2-1 FT

Now we see at long last, how good chelsea really are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ft 2-1, darran fletcher with the winner,

great result, great great f**kin result, another result that we didnt get last season. delighted. beat City and when chelsea take the field against arsenal, they will be 9 behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Delighted with the performance today. Controlled the game throughout, when Boro did peg us back, instantly upped our game and took the lead again.

Paul Scholes was fantastic again this evening. Defense is looking so solid.

Unforntunately a fine away performance was ruined by Ronaldo. Two definite dives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

A good result for Liverpool, some good moves for the goals and Wigan were fully exploited by Bellamy's pace around the back. Does anyone know the exact formation played? I realise it was 4-4-2 but which personnel were used and where in midfield. The BBC indicated that Alonso was out on the left. I'll probably get to see it on MOTD sometime over the w/e, so just wondering?

Redspider

Did anyone else see the penalty decisions in the Arsenal game??

In the first one the defender clearly won the ball, with Rosicky falling over..[and people give out about Ronaldo, I'm not condoning his dive today either]
    In the second one, Van Persie handled the ball to control it before he was fouled, fair enough he was fouled in the box, but yet another hand-ball by him..

With regards to the Liverpool game, well where does one start..
    An excellent result given their away form this season but Wigan were atrocious.
    Some bad defending let Bellamy in for 2..
    Some good keeping by Reina and bad finishing by Wigan kept the scoreline at 0-2.
    An excellent move for Liverpool's 3rd, hats off to them for a cracking goal..
    And the 4th, well what can one say, just bad luck for an O.G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Mossin wrote:

In the first one the defender clearly won the ball, with Rosicky falling over..[and people give out about Ronaldo, I'm not condoning his dive today either]
    In the second one, Van Persie handled the ball to control it before he was fouled, fair enough he was fouled in the box, but yet another hand-ball by him..

First was a poor decision, and Poll had a good view of it.

Didn't get a chance to confirm his positioning for the 2nd, but I assume he was well behind the incident and probably didn't see the handball. Shouldn't have been a peno, but if he doesn't see the handball he has to give it for the foul by Jenas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

What the fcuk was Gareth Barry at for that peno?

redspider wrote:
    A good result for Liverpool, some good moves for the goals and Wigan were fully exploited by Bellamy's pace around the back. Does anyone know the exact formation played? I realise it was 4-4-2 but which personnel were used and where in midfield. The BBC indicated that Alonso was out on the left. I'll probably get to see it on MOTD sometime over the w/e, so just wondering?

Redspider

Reina
    Finnan-Carra-Hyypia-Agger
    Garcia--Alonso--Gerrard-Riise
    Bellamy-Kuyt

Though Alonso was really playing behind Gerrard and Kuyt was slightly withdrawn from Bellamy. (4-1-4-1 ish!). Pennant replaced Garcia to no good effect, Paletta on for Hyypia and Guthrie on for Gerrard latish.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ibid wrote:
    What the fcuk was Gareth Barry at for that peno?
    Why what happened??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Quick everyone throw all your money on 3-0 to the Arsenal. It's a sure bet.
    good call

please tell me you took your own advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

mike65 wrote:

Reina
    Finnan-Carra-Hyypia-Agger
    Garcia--Alonso--Gerrard-Riise
    Bellamy-Kuyt

Thanks Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I'm delighted to see Craig Bellamy back to his brilliant best

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mossin wrote:

In the first one the defender clearly won the ball, with Rosicky falling over.

bit harsh on Rosicky i think. Definitly wasnt a penalty but i dont see how rosicky could stayed on his feet. chimbonda made the tackles won the ball but then clipped rosicky it seemed.

Only saw it once though so could be wrong.

Pompey defender flicked on a header just infront of barry and he decided to stick both his hands in the air. Stupid decision. I dont even think any villa player complained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

county wrote:
    good call

please tell me you took your own advice

I ain't a gambling man. A few years ago I scored a load of €3 free bet vouchers. Managed to stick one on an accumlator that won me €27. After having spent about €10 previously on bets I reckon I'm about €15 up overall on gambling and I want to keep it that way. I quit while I was ahead. I beat the bookie... in a way.

Just seen the highlights of Pompey and Aston Villa on The Premiership repeat...

Terrific entertainment from both teams, absolutely great stuff to watch and a fine endorsement for English football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

kinaldo wrote:

Terrific entertainment from both teams, absolutely great stuff to watch and a fine endorsement for English football.

Not in the first-half, according to Houghton...

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Not in the first-half, according to Houghton...
    Worst. Pundit. Ever!

Ray "World Class" Houghton: "why didn't he" * 1000 + "he should have" *1,000,000 = ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mossin wrote:

falling over? what game were you watching? the ball was won, that is true but Rosicky didnt fall over. not a penalty, but not a dive either. you cannot compare Rosicky to Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

kinaldo wrote:
    Worst. Pundit. Ever!
    and most annoying pundit goes too..
    http://images.skysports.com/images/playerpics05_06/WorldCup2006/experts/thommomain.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

kinaldo wrote:

Did anyone hear Alan Hansen on Match of the day last night? He said the 2nd half of the Villa match was "the best I've ever seen. It was that good". Lineker just laughed and Hansen laughed it off as if he was joking. He got a little carried away. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Anyone else get the impression that this Henry "bust-up" might be nothing more than a ploy to have Chelsea overconfident in the run up to their match? Henry says he won't play for a while... just before one of the most important fixtures for them...

Wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly came back and turned out for Arsenal in a weeks time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

eirebhoy wrote:
    Did anyone hear Alan Hansen on Match of the day last night? He said the 2nd half of the Villa match was "the best I've ever seen. It was that good". Lineker just laughed and Hansen laughed it off as if he was joking. He got a little carried away. :)

saw that. he was clearly taking the piss because as soon as he said it he started laughing, it was an excellent 2nd half though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Anyone else get the impression that this Henry "bust-up" might be nothing more than a ploy to have Chelsea overconfident in the run up to their match? Henry says he won't play for a while... just before one of the most important fixtures for them...

Possibly, Arsenal always make it when they are playing United that Henry might or might not be playing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

eirebhoy wrote:

Talking to guys that were at the game, they all said it was one of the best performances they have seen at Fratton Park.

We played as well as we have this season and Villa came out and played well as well.

Redknapp and O'Neill both believe in playing football which is great to watch.

two great managers.

Another boring Monday Night Football involving Watford, though they were the better side in the first half. This time Man City are the 'victims'.

0-0

Advertisement