Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Browers(3), being redirected on some urls

• 01-12-2006 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Have 3 browsers on pc,opera(most used),ff, ie7(because u have to) At present some sites I try to visit (all browsers) are redirecting me. The address bar shows the typed, linked or bookmarked url, but the page is not the correct page. Not all sites are affected, PCAdvisor.co.uk is. Can visit Ebay.ie, but when I click on the link for phones, I'm taken elsewhere. Have unafected laptop connected to same router, hence this post. Have run updated scans with,Avasti,SpyBot, AdAware,ASquared,WinDef, MS Malicious Software REmoval.Nothing found. Have checked "HOSTS" ,no additional entries. What next.???

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

Have you checked for any entries in your HOSTS file?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

dohouch wrote:
    Have checked "HOSTS" ,no additional entries. What next.???

Thanks for the interest parliament

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

Sorry should have spotted than (working and reading boards at same time)
    What page do you land on when you say it not the correct page. is the 'phones' link on the ebay page?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

where is your DNS settings pointing
    try nslookup to see where DNS resolved

also check your proxy settings

Been out. My proble is complicated. On the problem machine, I can visit some site, i.e. boards.ie. If on the same machine I try www.pcadvisor.co.uk I get attachment 1. Going to ebay.ie is possible, but it if I then use the links on the left of the home page "home phone and mobiles" I do not get to an ebay page but to attachment 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Have you run Hijack This? You could also look at SmitRem , run in safe mode.

Have run HikackThis and posted to /forums.tomcoyote.org,

have also run "Blacklight from F-Secunia". . Looking at link SmitRem now. Amazing that have run so many scans and nothing shows, and this if fully patched XPsp2. this is a line from Hikackthis log and show 2 name servers

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{6B83E17F-4BA5-4F73-B4D8-55B74C5B118E}: NameServer = 85.255.115.82,85.255.112.191
    O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{6B83E17F-4BA5-4F73-B4D8-55B74C5B118E}: NameServer = 85.255.115.82,85.255.112.191

that I've already deleted from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters they ae still absent from reg key but show up in log

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Sounds like same issue as
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055023344

Same dodgy ip range linked to spam and malware.

Trojans redirected DNS. Had to be changed back in your Network settings. Then look at symantec links

http://www.symantec.com/security_res...446-99&tabid=2
    http://www.symantec.com/security_res...135-99&tabid=2

for details on what to remove.

Heah the boy, just before I read your post I was scratching my tired head. I thought I had the problem solved by removing a shiity name server from registry but was still getting redirects. Rembered there that Resolved DNS were cached locally but couldn't remember where, and when I visited that link you gave me , the thing that jumped out at me was "FLUSHDNS". Have done that and now I'm clean again.

Thanks for all encouragement and help. bye

P.S.I had it fixed but because I hadn't done a /FLUSHDNS I was still geting the redirects.

Something that maybe somebody might be able to explain for me is. I had deleted the hijacking name server from registry manually ( figured out by comparing good laptop reg key with bad PC reg key) but the deleted key still showed up in HIjackthis log. How come???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

did you reboot after the fixes - it's windows after all

• Advertisement

did you reboot after the fixes - it's windows after all
    My approach to PC problems would,by many, considered less than systematic. ( A bit like what happens when the fox enters the henhouse)

So the order, (or lack thereof) in which I approached this latest problems is only to be found in the annals of Hell.

Fully patched XPsp2, running Windows Def,Avasti,CCleaner, SBotSD, AdAware and browsing with Opera 9.01 (95% time). How does the average Joe or Mary, manage to keep their PC up and running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

That one comes from a dodgy spyware cleaner that adds DNS entries to one of your NICS and that causes the redirects...

I had to clean my dads one after he proudly said he had downloaded a spyware cleaner from the web :(

I use the following products, Windows defender, Avsti AntiVir,CCleamer, AdAware SE Personal,SpybotSD, Asquared free, all fully updated, also XP fully patched. They are all recomended products. None of them either stopped, or detected the malware. Disapointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Yeah i saw that,, but i do remember adaware not picking up on either, nor his av products.. dunno why not tho

Advertisement