Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Purchased a TV/PJ recently? Name the place and the price! [Now with added poll]

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

TV: Samsung UE55HU8500
    Type: 55" LED LCD
    Date Bought: 10-03-2015
    Price: €2,399
    Bought From: Currys Galway
    Retailer Satisfaction: Very happy
    TV Satisfaction: Very Happy

Always have had great service with this Currys branch, my old Samsung UE46ES8000 was damaged beyond repair and I got vouchers from Knowhow to replace the tv with the Samsung UE48H8000, added a few euro and got the Samsung UE55HU8500. Can't fault the service in Currys or the TV. This tv came with a 5 year guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Projector: Benq 1070+
    Type: DLP
    Date bought: 12-07-16
    Price:€577
    Bought from: Amazon Warehouse - described as very good condition - just repackaged - no cosmetic damage whatsoever
    Retailer Satisfaction: Amazon have a 30 day return and 1 year warranty so can't complain
    Projector Satisfaction: I'll post this when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

this is a while since anyone posted here so:
    recently i got
    Vankyo 630 projector , passed it on.
    Fangor 506 projector, also passed on . mistake. it was good.
    Fangor 206a very good for a cheap 720p
    Bigasuo dvd projector also 720p, and despite some dust, I'm keepng it.
    Bonsai basic 720p projector, very good picture , just not very bright.
    Towond projector, says native 1080p, and its the closest of them all to it. also keeping this one.

got all from amazon at different times and prices for all sadly have gone up.
    I have an Infocus 2112 but it needs the chip replacing in it. even with all the snow on the picture , its still very good quality .
    Tv is an lg from 2018 , but what was just as good was the LG from 2011 that my neighbours gave me, it has 3d!!

LG OLED55CS6LA

€990

Powercity

• Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭banie01

TV: Philips 70pus8556

Type: 70" LED LCD

Date Bought: 31/10/22

Price: £853

Bought From: Richersounds.ie

Retailer Satisfaction: Very happy

TV Satisfaction: Very Happy

Recently purchased a 70" Philips Ambilight for my ManCave from Richersounds.

Great price and from previous experience, really great service and warranty support. I've purchased a lot of gear from them and they are always my 1st port of call.

• Advertisement
Advertisement