Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get wall bracket for 32" lcd telly

Options
  • 01-12-2006 7:33pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know were to get one.. the standard 4 hole wall mounting bracket for a 20kg 32 " telly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I got mine from Komplett.ie ;)
    Make sure your LCD and the bracket are VESA compliant.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I was lookin ebay and send a lad a message but he never replied.. never thought of komplett what does vesa mean?

Most, if not all LCD's are VESA compliant. It's a standard that assures you that the bracket will actually fit the TV.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Display_Mounting_Interface

I got the following for my sammy 32" and for the price I cannot fault it. It was very easy to install and was well able to hold up the tv (which will be relative on your mountings of course)
    http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=315948

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

RS100 are the crowd I used for my plasma bracket.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Lads, I don't think my telly is VESA compliant..
    the four screws on the back of it are 80mm appart from each other, and vesa is 200mm?? so can I not go with them ones?

• Advertisement

What make/model is your tv?

Don't forget, that bracket I linked to works on non-VESA tvs too.

make and model is maxim 11-57 I noticed the one oyu linked me too the screws can be placed in any way.. they're all standard width the thread holes on the tellys wouldn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

also standard VESA sizes are 50/75/100/200

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

I got a 32 inch in Xtra Vision and it doesn't list 'wall mountable' as a feature. I'm not sure if it's 'vesa' compliant but I will check tonight. you reckon all lcd's can be mounted sparky do you?

Yeah, most if not all LCDs are wall mountable. If they have female screw inlets in the rear of the TV then it is wall mountable.
    They should also be able to take M4 machine screws also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah I got a Toshiba 32" that was non-Vesa compliant, picked up a tiltable universal lcd/plasma bracket in Power City for 120 euros a couple of months ago. Might be worth a look.

Snake ;)

Advertisement