Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any Monoghan members know of a wine truck in an accident today

Options
  • 01-12-2006 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

sorry if this is the wrong place, but, please move to appropriate if necessary.
    My brother was on the flyover today at lucan, the one behind woodies. a truck drove up the bus lane and then tried to enter the lane he was in, he stopped and waved the guy in and the asshole sideswiped him, ruining the door and the wing, and smashing the mirror, my brother followed him to the next set of lights, got out and told the driver, the reply he got was "**** Off and ring the gardai" when he went around to get the reg the guy drove off through the lights,and my brother couldn't read his dirty reg plate well.next he rang lucan garda station, who toild him they had no cars and asked could he not follow the driver until they were in leixlips jurisdiction and they'd have a car, he tried to explain that the guy had taken off but he wasn't exactly talking to einstein.
    anyway the truck was medium sized wine coloured truck with a 95 Mn reg with some kind of bar running along the side, i know it's a long shot but do any of our monaghan members know of a person who drives that type of vehicle that was in an accident today, please let lucan garda station know if you do. and other drivers beware the pricks on the road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

damn man, thats nasty. I live around monaghan area but i dont remeber seeing that truck, but ill keep my eyes open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

If it had a "bar running along the side" could it have been a glazer's truck?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

medium sized wine coloured truck with a 95 Mn reg with some kind of bar running along the side,
    It might be useful to provide some more info if you have it. I'm presuming it was a rigid as you say it was 'medium' but was it a box, fridge, curtainsider, flatbed, tipper etc.

The Gardaí should be able to run a check on PULSE. There can't be that many maroon trucks with a 1995 Monaghan registration. ;)

(Re: bar on side - all trucks are required to have a bar along the side to prevent smaller vehicles from going under. Maybe it's a different bar that you refer to?)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

was it a wine bar? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

colm_mcm wrote:
    was it a wine bar? ;)

Answers like that, this will be transfer to humour forum... wait. maybe not.

More info wud be a help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Answers like that, this will be transfer to humour forum... wait. maybe not.

More info wud be a help.

sorry, couldn't resist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

colm_mcm wrote:
    was it a wine bar? ;)

I like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

just cos the reg was MN doesn't necessarily mean the truck is kept in monaghon. It could be owned by a fella in meath,cavan, louth or other neighbouring counties. As for gardai checking pulse, i'm not aware they perform a fuzzy search to pinpoint the actual truck involved.

however that incident is essentially a hit and run. the truck is obliged by law to stop and give his details. your brother should report it to lucan gardai in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

he's reporting it allright in person, it was a normal box truck sorry, the bar was the normal skirting bar on all trucks,
    TheNog wrote:
    just cos the reg was MN doesn't necessarily mean the truck is kept in monaghon. It could be owned by a fella in meath,cavan, louth or other neighbouring counties.
    i'm not trying to insinuate(sp?) anything about monoghan people, i just thought it was the logical placeto look considering we hadn't a clue and it was on the reg, i did state in the original post that i knew it was a long shot, apologies if it offended anyone.

ps wine bar joke was a good one, made him smile for the first time in two days anyway. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Were there any cameras near where he got hit, or on the lights the guy ran (or in front of a shop opposite)? (Longshot - not familiar with the area). Worked for the guy on here who got hit in Sligo a few weeks back.

Also, what kind of accent did the driver have?

Sorry to hear about your brothers incident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

he said the accent could have been any from louth to monoghan to cavan, i'll tell him to check thte cameras, thanks everyone for your help

Advertisement