Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony ericsson v630i now on vodafone

• 02-12-2006 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if any good?V630I.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I have the K610im, which is the same phone, except it isn't Vodafone branded and has i-mode and push email support.

The verdict? It's the best phone I have ever owned! Solid reception and sound quality, excellent camera (for its price), and it even supports 3G video calling. The software is very responsive and appears to be bug-free. I've had mine for 3 weeks. FYI, it also has a "full HTML" browser, though I only use email on it, so I can't comment on that feature. I did try out Gmail though, and that worked as expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I've been tempted to go for it, features : price, it seems decent (Although, I have no interest in this 3G malarky). I've heard bad things from someone who repairs phones though - vodafone's seem to be returning a lot.

Urban Weigl: Any chance you could upload a sample photo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

i mite buy 1 this week. wish they had it in black though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Great phone - them not having black available is a bummer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Free 256 memory card as well, not bad

• Advertisement

yeah thats handy, i think someone on this forum said they got free speakers with it. Is this true it doesnt say anything on the vodafone site or instore though also it could have been a different SE fone ie. the one o2 have. anyway just wonderin coz it would make it a defo buy!

wba88, I got the free speakers all right, but I got it from O2. To be honest they aren't all that impressive. Overall Vodafone have the better offer: lower price, 256MB card instead of 64MB card, and €30 more bonus credit.

Only reason I'm sticking with O2 is lower call charges and push email. Though it is nice to have it in black, does look more "manly"!

thanx for the info Urban Weigl. damn u and ur manly black. but i did hear white is the new black!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

wuhoo.. just ordered one K610im on the O2 website... it's black! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I am not too impressed with K610im tbh. I am a K750i user at the moment and was contempating buying eirther a K610im, a samsung e900 or a Samsung X820 after christmas. After using this handset I think I will be buying a Samsung. The SE is alright but it is nowhere near as good as the k750i.

• Advertisement

You miss having a torch in your pocket, huh? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I miss the picture quality actually. And the autofocus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Ah, that answers my questions then. Was hoping this was sony putting a k750i in a cheap suit.
    I miss the picture quality actually. And the autofocus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Cassiel wrote:
    Ah, that answers my questions then. Was hoping this was sony putting a k750i in a cheap suit.

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Can this phone be unlocked to take a 085 sim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Hi ricey,
    I unlocked my wifes k610i (red) from Three myself. Do a search for DaVinciTeam & DVT Client. Worked perfectly. Then, 3 weeks later I decided I'd debrand it for her. But the k610i had an older cid number than what I tried to flash it with (cid49 on the phone & cid51 with the flash) and I bricked it.:o

Advertisement