Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Stairs

Options
  • 02-12-2006 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Apologies if not the correct forum but wanted to know if anybody could recommend a decent provider/fitter of attic stairs who will also sheet the attic with a bit of a floor and maybe even a little light fitting if that wasnt too much ;)

I know "Staire" seem to be the obvious choice but they are also the priceiest? Advice welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

if you are anyway handy, you could buy one for 120 and fit it your self.
    I don't know how old your house is, but if it's been built in the last 3-4 years, then putting flooring in the attic is much harder as the regs call for insulation to be layed across the rafters too!
    Sizzler wrote:
    Apologies if not the correct forum but wanted to know if anybody could recommend a decent provider/fitter of attic stairs who will also sheet the attic with a bit of a floor and maybe even a little light fitting if that wasnt too much ;)

I know "Staire" seem to be the obvious choice but they are also the priceiest? Advice welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

If you are in Mid-West, Superior Attic Ladders from Limerick will fit an insulated attic door with ladder for E390.

I suggest you get a local handyman to do the light and flooring. You can buy the 8x2 OSB sheets in a hardware shop for about E12 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Happy days, will look at someone getting the stairs and will get someone else to do the rest :)

Advertisement