Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is Freaky

Options
  • 02-12-2006 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭

Okay, so I have this reoccurring dream now and again...maybe once a year.

I have to go to work and my car is broken, so I am walking to work.
    I meet up with friends who are also walking to work (it's always different friends). And we come to the bridge in the center of town and it is under construction.

It literally looks like something out of a Doctor Seuss book with roller-coaster twists and turns in it, and it is not yet completed.

I tell my friends "Aw, c'mon, I crossed it yesterday. We'll be fiine." So we go on it and all end up lost in different tunnels of the bridge. I always seem ro come to an unfinished cliff portion of the bridge - almost fall to the water - and then turn back, feeling like an idiot for urging my friends to go as well. And when I get back to square one, I'm all alone. My friends are lost somewhere in the tunnels of the bridge.

Now the odd thing is.... I have only had one job where I actually did have to cross that bridge in order to get to work - worst job of my life - That was last year and I quit and got a better job. This dream was around long before last year.

An odd coincidence - as I was dreaming this dream last night, I woke up and realized that this very same bridge actually IS under construction right at the moment. I doubt Dr Seuss is the engineer though. I'm sure it will look quite normal.

So what's up with that?

Any interpretations are welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Films popped into my mind... Let's see... could it be...
    "One Bridge Too Far"?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Usually dreams involving transport of any kind are indicative of a deep anxiety about your general direction in life.

Usually my own "oh **** I'm on the wrong train!" dreams involve just me. It's interesting that your dream involves others. Do you manage others and/or do you work in a family business?

The 'bridge' concept is also interesting. The subconscious mind deals primarily with heavy symbolism. Bridges represent a crossing, or transition of sorts.

Have you been thinking about a career change of late?...and does it involve others that you are already professionally involved with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Wow, DublinWriter interesting interpretations.
    I do want to make some very big changes in my life next year.
    I never really gave it much thought when I've had this dream in the past.

One of those changes is in career. Hmmmm. Very interesting!

Thanks a bunch!

Funny. I just learned the other day that this bridge the city is building will have a separate walkway for pedestrians beneath the actual bridge!

Did they tap into my brain when designing it? Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Lust4Life wrote:
    Did they tap into my brain when designing it? Ha!
    Yes...start making a tin-foil hat...NOW!!!

• Advertisement

Oh, Sweetie, I have an entire collection.
    But they chill my head in the winter.:o

Advertisement