Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sound problem

• 02-12-2006 3:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I installed Ubuntu 6.10 today to give it another shot. It all went well. I was a happy bunny. Until i realised that I have no sound.

I have an Audigy ls. Anyone know how I can fix this? As i would like to have sound.

Matthew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fishnplay

When you hear no sound first have a look what sound devices ubuntu has found and make sure that the right one is selected. I was amazed that on my machine ubuntu found 1 that I did not even know about.The front and back sound plugs are different sound cards in my machine. So if I have a cinch connected in the front I will get no sound on the back soundcard.
    Once you are sure that the sound card is found and you have selected the correct one reboot your system and close all programs that are running before the reboot.
    This will be necessary as the first program opening the sound device will block the sound device, so if you have amarok running and want to open kaffeine to watch a movie it may not give you a sound at all.
    I found the best problem solving tips on the ubuntuforum.

Advertisement