Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and other Wintry Stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Greetings all,
    Interesting.
    Bray sea front Sunny, slight dark clouds over Bray head.
    Clear blue skies over Shankhill.

Some Dark clouds on the horizon.
    Wind direction appears to be from the west at present.

Wonder where the light snow was falling in Bray......

Regards
    Silverski

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

It is very lightly sleeting..or something..in Dublin 15 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭squonk

There's just been drizzle at various times here tody in Skerries. Not expecting snow really but sometimes we get a bit. There havent been that many showers to speak of either today. They're just not making it this far across the country today.

What's happening in the West? The Met Eireann Radar looks like there's plenty of precipitation there. Is it sill just rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Still just rain here in Donegal at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The weather forecast this evening was disappointing. It seems there will be sod all snow now unless you are in the North, and North East of the country over the next couple of days.
    Tuesday could bring a bit of snow, in the East and North East of the country, due to a trough in the Irish sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

As it looks set to become wintry early this week for the east,the west and north has seen some snowfall already.Post here on your current wintry spells or links to radars etc here.

No Forecasts beyond 24hrs here please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Just had a very light rain shower here (Carlow town), no signs of any wintry stuff in it :mad:. Wind from the NNW.

The radar echoes are moving NE-SW over scotland and a clump off the NI coast has a N-S motion so which means a potential for this clump over the next few hours to slide SW over the Irish sea to hit maybe somewhere along the east most probably SE coast later on in the evening,if it doesnt disipate that is.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Just run the animation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

yes i am watching it also Snowbie.. winds should begin to veer more easterly too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Yes - I see it to. Could be a good five or six hours before it reaches Dublin/Wicklow. Don't we have someone in Louth who can give us an early report?!

All we need is an easterly component to that. See whats happening in North Wales with the wind off the sea?!

BTW - Temp here at 2.5c for that last 3 or 4 hours - wonder when its going to drop?

Heh - Tristrame, I'm well old enough to drive a car too!

A

It's clouded over her in Skerries and theres a slight breeze that has just risen in the past few minutes. Perhaps there's a shower in the vicinity but the radar isn't confirming this. No real precipitation today overall apart from some drizzle.

Snowbie wrote:
    No Forecasts here please
    Snowbie wrote:
    so which means a potential for this clump over the next few hours to slide SW over the Irish sea to hit maybe somewhere along the east most probably SE coast later on in the evening,if it doesnt disipate that is.
    but but but thats a forecast... no forecasts here :p

Anyhow
    Dewpoint still 1.7c here with an air temp of 3.8c which means rain.
    Currently dry and clear with a 10mph westerly.

Yeah i noticed that after i posted that mini hopecast,didnt think anyone else would notice,they ususally dont:o :D
    anyway edited OP
    artictree wrote:
    Heh - Tristrame, I'm well old enough to drive a car too!
    Jaysus hope its not a Skoda aswell:p

So were all waiting for a clump over NI to push down the sea:rolleyes: :D ah you never know hit and miss probably though my temp is stuck at 4.1c and DP 2.2c for over an hour now be rain i thinks if temp DP doesnt budge.

Snowbie wrote:
    So were all waiting for a clump over NI to push down the sea:rolleyes: :D ah you never know hit and miss probably though my temp is stuck at 4.1c and DP 2.2c for over an hour now be rain i thinks if temp DP doesnt budge.

I'm old enough to drive a car too, problem being that I dont have one :p

The wind direction would want to be changing fairly swiftly to get that clump to hit the east coast/south east right? There'll be some curve on it if it does head our way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

That second is a good radar rc28,it also gives you a projected path which supports my theory and WC prediction.Thanks for the link,will come in handy

Snowbie wrote:
    That second is a good radar rc28,it also gives you a projected path which supports my theory and WC prediction.Thanks for the link,will come in handy

It looks like it could reach Dublin at 23:15. This is a close one!!

Problem is the temperature - might be just a little warm...

Tristrame - The Eagle has forecast snow to hit the southeast by morning - you could get it and it could miss us!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Snowbie wrote:

I can't see where it shows the projected path?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

arctictree wrote:
    Yes - I see it to. Could be a good five or six hours before it reaches Dublin/Wicklow. Don't we have someone in Louth who can give us an early report?!
    Starting to get windy here and very chilly

Rain shower in Skerries now. Will be interesting to see if anything develops as the night passes.

irish1 wrote:
    I can't see where it shows the projected path?

Above the map there is a timeline, with sequences going from white to red, the white is the past couple of hours and present, once the green dot goes into the red, thats the projected path, ie the forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ah cheers croppy I never noticed the time just thought it was reporting history, think I need sleep :D

Latest gfs is a stonker and is it true the Eagle is backing it up to?? Heavy snow to hit east and southeast from 5am!! slowly slipping southeast and out into the south Irish sea tomorrow afternoon.. followed by more snow for the east early Tuesday:D :D:D:D:D:D

Could it be at last???

squonk wrote:
    Rain shower in Skerries now. Will be interesting to see if anything develops as the night passes.

The wind has risen quite a bit now too. This is hardly the front arriving already is it? I thought it wasn't due until the early hours?

squonk wrote:

Yeah - just looked at the radar - seems to be more and more showers building up in the Irish sea

Latest gfs is a stonker and is it true the Eagle is backing it up to?? Heavy snow to hit east and southeast from 5am!! slowly slipping southeast and out into the south Irish sea tomorrow afternoon.. followed by more snow for the east early Tuesday:D :D:D:D:D:D

Could it be at last???

WC I wish you wouldnt keep doing this to me :rolleyes: just when I start to accept the fact that I might not see snow you say that :)

Hope you're right ;)

Could it be at last???

WC - where are you getting that info from? Can you post a link?

A

• Advertisement

Could really do with a bit of kip before this gets going.. but it might be abit like trying to sleep before santa comes!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement