Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and other Wintry Stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Can't see it WC?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭squonk

Getting coninually more blustery out here with us in Skerries. There's quite a wind blowing now. Might push some stuff inland a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Wind is NNW atm,Temp 4.6c,dp 2.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Currently raining here, wind NNW, temp 5.1C and dewpoint at 1.9C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

God I have to smile. There is snow in the Irish sea forecast and it'll drift harmlessly by:rolleyes: Looks like it's the wicklow gang's turn this time round for snow. Let's see what tomorrow brings:)

TBC,you mean the roundwood gang...
    As all thats coming here tonight with these temps and DP's is Rain.

Even the Roundwood gang might be unlucky.

Currently 4.3c DP 1.5c

Also the wind is NW so thats not helping :rolleyes:

The air temp at the M2 buoy in the Irish sea is 6.2 c with a dp of 3.6c

So no snow tonight folks only rain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭wba88

between 9pm and 10pm last night Blessington and very immediate surrounding areas had a snow storm and the snow stuck and it was so cool (not to drive in though, that was scary). Bring on the snow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Will it freeze between the rain/sleet showers tonight?

Yes as the wind has dropped off and the air mass is cold and the night is long.
    ESPECIALLY inland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Monasterevin, Currently clear sky. Temp 1.4 and dropping

My neck of the woods is cloudy
    Temo 3.1c
    Dp 0.5c
    Now thats a bit better.cmon sleet lets ave it.

looking good now temp 2.9c dp0.2,showers approaching

Edit2.8c and dp0c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

Dublin 18 here - Drizzly rain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I dont think there will be snow tonight tbh. Early in the morning looks better.

Currently clear here with pathy cloud. Temp - 2C.

Woken up by a heavy sleet shower just there which has now turned to soft hail and snow, slight covering on everything especially cars. Temp 2.7C dewpoint 0.2C. Still not good enough just yet

Good amount of showers approaching from the Irish sea should hit coast from 6am.. things getting riper for snow.. now we need the showers.. and there coming.. ;)

Another heavy hail/snow shower, building up on the ground
    Edit: Really coming down out there, my lampost is amazing couple of cm's of hail/snow cover now:D:D:D:D:D

good stuff trogdor!!! None here yet but tis only beginning:D ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

trogdor wrote:
    Another heavy hail/snow shower, building up on the ground
    Edit: Really coming down out there, my lampost is amazing couple of cm's of hail/snow cover now:D:D:D:D:D

Ditto here in Bray! Well Hail cover anyway. At leasts its white stuff of a sort! :D Now if only it would snow on top of that lovely icy base. It would mean the snow might still be there when I wake up in the morning.

• Advertisement

Showers over now, some pics in the weather pics thread. Temp and dewpoint resing they can't get quite low enough, only in showers. Currently temp 2.7C and dewpoint 0.5C, dropped to 2.4C and 0.0C in the last shower.
    EDIT: it's back again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Everyones waiting for the snow :D, cars frosted over outside and its bitter cold, was letting the cat out for a minute and noticed some icy precip starting to fall wonder will it bring anything else.

How is she fairing now trogdor?

nout here so far:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

just started spitting rain in kildare:mad:

How is she fairing now trogdor?

nout here so far:)
    Nothing here really still a layer of hail but some of it's turned to sluch(the road's lookin very dodgey) some light hail atm i think
    EDIT: wind still hasn't changed direction here, it swung east for about 20minutes before 5:00 but since then it's switched back toNorth-West again

Heavy sleet. Wind has changed now and temp is up to 4.4C and dewpoint 2.8C:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

omg, i woke up to thunder and lightning with falling snow and a covering on the ground, i am not exaggerating! i can't believe it, i never expected to get snow, let alone lightning!!:eek: i am in south east meath

Very heavy snow here!! and sticking :D
    Its been at this on and off since about 4am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I'm just after waking up, looking outside and its starting to peg snow! :D Sticking too!!

EDIT: Just after looking at the radar, WOW! Look at that clump comin' my way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Constant hail and snow here, but with temps around 1°C its leaving a slushy mess on the road.
    Think I'll wait for sunrise before heading into work this morning.
    Also getting the occasional flash of lightening, now if it was 1°C colder it would the perfect morning!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement