Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and other Wintry Stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Really confused now after looking at the radar it should be at least raining here but it's been dry for the last hour now

LoL

Thunder!

Snow is very sleety now but big flakes!

Pc off due to the frequency of the lightning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

No lying snow but falling as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

It was raining here in Swords near the airport during the night. No sign of snow :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

no snow here and no signs of any.. ho hum

looks good for the southeast though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Rain in Skerries at 6:15 & 4C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Heavy snow in Roscrea at the moment,ground covered

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Still snowing away here, a nice sprinkling on the ground now :D

Yes indeed there is a nice feature headed that way.. south leinster and eastern parts of Munster could see a nice bit of snow. looks bad for northern leinster atm though.

Im pretay sure the snow gods do not like me..

But the weather sat and radar look like if it is cold enough southern leinster and easter munster could well see decent accumalations of snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Reasonable snow shower in Mountrath at the moment, not accumulating though as it was preceded by a heavy rain shower this morning.

Very windy here with ENE gales..

The worst thing other than not seeing snow at all is having other people who live like 20 miles away having snow!!

Nice pic there;)

Don't know how things are going to shape up this evening tbh with regards to the irish sea but i would say Cork has more chance of seeing snow than me..

Infact Cork could be in a decent position if it is cold enough later this AM;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Nothing here except wet ground. Bright enough skies to the north, cloudier to the south.

Nice Pictures - Lashing snow where I am at the moment (South Kilkenny) any ideas about Waterford city anyone? I am on a hill here you see. Ground is wet so not sticking much only on grass houses and in dry sopts.

Update : starting to stick now and come down heavy!!!!
    Update Again: Ground is frozen now and snow is accumulating. Its amazing! Will take a pic (in low resolution for dial up users!! - living in the stone age lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Showers on and off all night.

Light covering on the ground this morning. Blizzard conditions around 8am at 0.7 degrees.

Damn broadband has gone down so my weather station is out - hopefully it will be back up soon...

A

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snow has lodged - Limerick(Murroe)

And snow is falling in quite a heavy shower as i type

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

ONLY IN BLOODY IRELAND!! :mad: Woke up to grey ground and beautiful snow...In The Sky!Looked at radar asap and saw a huge huge lump just moving away from me, clouds to my south clearance to my north!I just want to apoligise to everybody living in or around the navan area,only when I live in a place does a large snowy blob pass right over head and it forgets its supposed to snow now.Congrats to Croppyboy and Crowded house nice pics!I hope it lasts for yous!

Oh! That smiley was intended for the guys with the snow!As you may notice im fairly new here.Still trying to find my way around. BTW couldnt see anything else on radar either!Fingers crossed for later;)

Raining here now with some sleety bits and very windy from the Northeast at nearly 40mph,it feels like in the north pole only for the rain!
    Temp 4.7c
    DP 1.2c

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q225/thebatoneffect/net.jpg

there all the diap up people can view that too its a tiny file 34 Kb

• Advertisement

Enjoy!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Hmmm - any snow that was on the ground here has now melted.

Hope thats not it for the year!!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Looks like it's been raining most of the night here in Kilkenny City outskirts.

For the last half an hour though there has been quite a bit of sleet which has turned to snow for a few seconds at a time. So it IS trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

MetLuver wrote:
    ONLY IN BLOODY IRELAND!! :mad: Woke up to grey ground and beautiful snow...In The Sky!Looked at radar asap and saw a huge huge lump just moving away from me, clouds to my south clearance to my north!I just want to apoligise to everybody living in or around the navan area,only when I live in a place does a large snowy blob pass right over head and it forgets its supposed to snow now.Congrats to Croppyboy and Crowded house nice pics!I hope it lasts for yous!

Welcome onboard MetLuver, you picked a good time of the year to join, plenty of activity in here and LOTS of ups and downs....all part of the fun though.

Hopefully you'll get another chance this week to see some snow, I honestly wasnt expecting a thing, WeatherCheck was on here lastnight in an excited state saying that we'd get snow (I wasnt believing it...:p ), but see how wrong I was.

Anyway, stopped snowing here now, dark and overcast, spitting bits of rain/sleet with the most of the snow melted or reduced to slushy ice.

What a morning! :D:D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Its been snowing very heavy here in Waterford city for the past hour or so, unfortunately its not sticking though, due to very wet ground.

Air temp is 2.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Aquos76 wrote:
    Its been snowing very heavy here in Waterford city for the past hour or so, unfortunately its not sticking though, due to very wet ground.

Air temp is 2.5c

:( Must have bypassed Kilkenny altogether!
    Seems to have snowed in Carlow, Tipp and Waterford. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Snowed here for about an hour, snow stuck, probably half an inch or so.

Threatening to snow more.

Thanks CroppyBoy!!Great to be here.Joined in sept,round time of Gordon. Sorry to hear your snow is melting maybe later in week. Tues/Weds looks interesting:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Snow has started falling in North County Cork (near Mallow) about 30 minutes ago, starting to build up on the ground although I doubt it will last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Well done to all who got snow,1mm of something fell last night dunno what tbh but conditions where nearly right before i left.Listening to WC we appeared to get rain but i couldnt see settling snow here near the coast anyhow.For all people inland who got the snow you can thank the sst temp for being high enough to build and intensify the showers to push well inland on that NE wind where you would have the lower temps,well i can blame it for no snow here and keeping the temps up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement