Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW GOLF Question

Options
  • 02-12-2006 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

I am getting some water in on passenger side on the floor front and back. This has only showed up over the last while during bad weather. Has anyone had this problem and can I sort it out myself. Car is OO and in vgc otherwise.
    Looking forward to any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Common probel in Golfs, there are numrous threads about it here,

The casue of mine was the sunroof drains were blocked, so if u have a sunroof check yours,

when u open the drivers side door there is a little black rubber tube sticking out, squeeze it apart and see if water comes out, that was blocked in mine and waster built up on the the back seat floor.

Some water problems are to do with pollen filters as well i think,

Search boards for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Tks for that . I had heard about pollen filter ok. Do you know where it is and what to do when you find it.
    I have put pressure hose on sun roof and around all seals and interior stayed dry.. Washers are working front and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Fiesta

Do you have air conditioning or climate control??

No . This is a OO Golf CL.
    Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

nosmo-king wrote:
    Tks for that . I had heard about pollen filter ok. Do you know where it is and what to do when you find it.
    I have put pressure hose on sun roof and around all seals and interior stayed dry.. Washers are working front and back.

The pollen filter is in a black housing under the bonnet in the plenumb chamber. Open the bonnet, look near the passenger side bonnet hinge and you will see the large black plastic unit that houses the pollen filter.

Chances are that the filter housing isn't sealed/closed correctly.

• Advertisement

Tks. Will look again to morrow.
    There is a black plastic housing coming up from behind the battery(carrying wires) which joins the bulkhead. Is it near there.?

I am also wondering if the water might be getting in through the floor in some way from the bottom as it is just the flat part of the floor front and back thats wet (just where your feet rest)
    Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

nosmo-king wrote:
    Tks. Will look again to morrow.
    There is a black plastic housing coming up from behind the battery(carrying wires) which joins the bulkhead. Is it near there.?

I am also wondering if the water might be getting in through the floor in some way from the bottom as it is just the flat part of the floor front and back thats wet (just where your feet rest)
    Tks
    No its not near the battery - its beside the passenger side bonnet hinge - near the passenger side wiper arm, but under the bonnet.

Advertisement