Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They say a dream's a wish your heart makes. But oh, god.

Options
  • 02-12-2006 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ok. So I just had a really disturbing dream, about making out with... my father. And I felt so disgusted afterwards (in the dream, here, still) and tried to explain that it was a mistake, and didn't mean it, but never found him. Then I had a previous dream like this, but actual sexual intercourse. And when I woke up in bed (in the dream) I realized how disturbing it was, and tried to leave, runaway. So they say, " a dream's a wish, your heart makes" but oh, god. PLEASE tell me my heart isn't wishing to have some sort of twisted relation with my father. I love my father. He's happily married to my mother. I have never thought of him in any other way, and never plan to. But I just can't get over this disturbing dream. Can anyone tell me what this means? I always talk to my mother about my problems, but it's not like I could talk to anyone I truely know. I mean. I'm only 15, my friends would be grossed out, and my parents would flip out. Help?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

There's a lot of scholarly literature that suggests that your Da is the role model for your future b/f and hubby. When growing up, there's a lot of confusion that is natural, which may affect your dreams. I would not worry about it. Your dreams are not a form of wish fulfillment, but exhibit the normal confusion of growing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JadedRuby

Well thank you very much. I didn't think it was a form of wish fufillment, but I certainly was confused. I still very much am, but I appreciate your reply.

Advertisement