Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play-Asia

Options
  • 02-12-2006 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Alright, just wanted to ask whether you get slammed with import charges on games when your order reaches the country and if so how much are they?

Comments

luck of the draw. Ive order from them and never been caught

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Order one at a time. This way you keep the value of your order below €50.

It's been discussed countless times before if you did a search

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I did an order over 120e and didn't get stung, but next time I would 1 by 1 it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Apologies for dragging this up, but was going to order some stuff off play-asia that amounts to just over 60 yo yos.
    Would it be safer to make two seperate orders, and in that case would it simply mean order one, and then the next directly after, or wait a couple of days for transaction two?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

They're seperate packages then so you shouldn't need to wait a couple of days.

I haven't been stung for customs with Play-Asia packages at all, one package last December was 2 games aswell and they didn't stop it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Got R6 vegas and double agent from play asia yesterday, marked at full value ($90) and no charges. Now that the xmas rush is over I'd say the revenue have switched resources to other concerns, new tax year and all...

Advertisement