Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceanfree smtp connection problems

Options
  • 02-12-2006 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey,

Is anyone else having trouble sending emails from Oceanfree.net using a mail client? I haven't been able to connect to the smtp server today or yesterday.

When I try a telnet connection from my Windows computer to port 25 on smtp.oceanfree.net I get this:
    Connecting To smtp.oceanfree.net...Could not open connection to the host, on port 25: Connect failed

And from my Linux computer:
    Trying 194.145.128.63...
    Trying 194.145.128.6...
    Trying 194.145.128.7...
    telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

Are they offline?

If anyone wants to suggest a good alternative provider I'm about ready to move. I just need to be able to use Thunderbird (and fetchmail) with it.

Thanks,
    Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Who is your ISP ? you can just use their SMTP server instead of oceanfree's e.g. mail2.eircom.net for eircom
    smtp.digiweb.ie for digiweb.ie
    etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dave.h

Wow, thanks. I didn't know that. I'm logged onto Ireland-on-line right now. But I have an eircom account too.

Advertisement