Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidls

Options
  • 02-12-2006 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Anyone been there yet?What do yous think?I was over there at 5.30 am
    for the specials and by 6a.m. there was a fair lot of people.I personally thinks its great, a bit of competition.I also heard a rumour Heatons are moving there from the Meridan and will sell clothes as they arent allowed to where they are now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Went up to have a look around....looks exactly like the rest of themincluding the one up in Cabinteely .

As for the specials, it's tough going if you really want something! Hopefully the well-off Greystones people won't be seen dead in the place and this would mean less competition in aisles!

As for Heatons, and this has been discussed on this forum before...its great having them in Greystones but it would make more business sense being beside Lidl. Take the one in Wicklow for example.

Now, that leaves us with a vacant retail space in Meridian Point...Marks & Spencers anyone????

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

afaik Heatons is moving to beside Lidl. With World of Wonder also closing down, the Meridian centre is pretty much f***ed.

Its a shame, its a nicely designed centre, but it has no anchor shop and there's no unit big enough to put in an anchor shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If you look at the M&S shop in Dun Laoghaire; its not huge. I do think the Heatons shop in Meridian may be slightly large than the M&S one in Dun Laoghaire. Anyway, who am to decide who's going to occupy the shop.

Yeah, dropped up to World of Wonder yesterday to buy something and saw the place was closed and not much stock inside.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

yeah - you could probably get one of those M&S Simply Food shops into the Heatons unit. Hopefully not though - my groceries bill is high enough as it is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

loyatemu wrote:
    yeah - you could probably get one of those M&S Simply Food shops into the Heatons unit. Hopefully not though - my groceries bill is high enough as it is....
    This isn't just a grocery bill. This is a hand crafted paper receipt honed from the finest Californian redwoods, printed with inks made by monks from Glenstall Abbey....

Worth every penny!

• Advertisement
Advertisement