Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classiest Mexican Restauraunt?

Options
  • 02-12-2006 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

It's my girlfriend's birthday in a couple of weeks, and I'm taking her to a Mexican restauraunt. At the moment it's between Acapulco and Mexico to Rome. Which is better, in the opinion of wise Boardsies? Will we feel overdressed in if I'm in a suit (You can probably tell, but I normally take her to places like Eddie Rocket's!)

Furthermore, are there other Mexican places that could be recommended (preferably in City Centre)

Thank you all for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'Acapulco' is better in my box. 'Mexico to Rome' is okay, but just didn't have the same flavour of food.

Suit would be very unnessecary really - wouldn't describe either of these places as posh in the slightest.

Don't know of any other places that serve decent Mexican though and would like to know myself as it's my birthday very shortly too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I'd head to Acapulco but I don't think it's a suit type place either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yeah I went to Acapulco a couple of weeks ago and it was great, but as the other posters said, not really a suit kind of place. The boyf wore a shirt and trousers and that seemed to be about right for the place.

This page has a list of Dublin restaurants by category, and there's about ten of them in the Mexican section, if you want to weigh up your other options. I really like my Mex food though, and thought Acapulco was v good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Pfh...just take her to Taco Taco.

Advertisement